Most recent scam attempt

ttf_TNTBONE

Most recent scam attempt

Post by ttf_TNTBONE »

I have an add on the forum looking to buy a Bach 50B bell section. I was initially contacted by [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url] with the following email: "Hello,i saw your ad saying you want to buy complete Bach 50B bell section,have got one available for sale,please let me know if you are still interested". I responded that I was still looking. After a couple of email exchanges I was given this email address; [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], as the salesnub was his work email address... He sent pics of a Bach bell flare, (not a complete bell section)on one of the emails, that I knew I had seen before. I asked him what size bell section it was and his response was what size am I looking for. Of course I responded that I was looking for the standard 12 1/2" bell and guess what, that was the very bell he had--lucky me. I then asked what he was looking to get out of it and he again asked me what I was looking to pay. I responded that since it was only the flare I didn't want to pay more than $350.. It then really becomes my lucky day as he is only asking $310 including shipping. And of course when asked if he uses PayPal, he responds with: "I do not use payal,i make use of usps postal money order." So, I told him that I would think about it and get back to him... I don't see any red flags--do you???
ttf_TriJim

Most recent scam attempt

Post by ttf_TriJim »

Tell him you have a rich uncle in Nigeria and you'd like to send him a cheque!  Image
ttf_Matt K

Most recent scam attempt

Post by ttf_Matt K »

I'd send him a cheque written in crayon from the Bank of Scheister but that would require both the effort to purchase crayons, draw a cheque, and the requisite postage which is probably more elaborate than you'd want  Image
ttf_Ellrod

Most recent scam attempt

Post by ttf_Ellrod »

Just a question about PayPal. If, for example, Prince Boateng from Lagos wants to buy my trombone and he sends me the money via PayPal (together with the PayPal fees), is there anything to worry about? 
ttf_BGuttman

Most recent scam attempt

Post by ttf_BGuttman »

Salesnub shows as a Forum member, but also shows as a Spammer on Stop Forum Spam.  I'm deleting his account NOW.
ttf_greenbean

Most recent scam attempt

Post by ttf_greenbean »

Quote from: TNTBONE on May 22, 2017, 04:57AMI have an add on the forum looking to buy a Bach 50B bell section. I was initially contacted by [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url] with the following email: "Hello,i saw your ad saying you want to buy complete Bach 50B bell section,have got one available for sale,please let me know if you are still interested". I responded that I was still looking. After a couple of email exchanges I was given this email address; [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url], as the salesnub was his work email address... He sent pics of a Bach bell flare, (not a complete bell section)on one of the emails, that I knew I had seen before. I asked him what size bell section it was and his response was what size am I looking for. Of course I responded that I was looking for the standard 12 1/2" bell and guess what, that was the very bell he had--lucky me. I then asked what he was looking to get out of it and he again asked me what I was looking to pay. I responded that since it was only the flare I didn't want to pay more than $350.. It then really becomes my lucky day as he is only asking $310 including shipping. And of course when asked if he uses PayPal, he responds with: "I do not use payal,i make use of usps postal money order." So, I told him that I would think about it and get back to him... I don't see any red flags--do you???

That is funny... "salesnub" also has a Yamaha 822G that I am looking for!  What a fortunate coincidence! 

ttf_Matt K

Most recent scam attempt

Post by ttf_Matt K »

Quote from: Ellrod on May 22, 2017, 08:59AMJust a question about PayPal. If, for example, Prince Boateng from Lagos wants to buy my trombone and he sends me the money via PayPal (together with the PayPal fees), is there anything to worry about? 

As long as you get a tracking number and keep records of your interactions. 
ttf_BGuttman

Most recent scam attempt

Post by ttf_BGuttman »

Don't try to contact salesnub.  He's no longer a member.
ttf_slide advantage

Most recent scam attempt

Post by ttf_slide advantage »

Quote from: BGuttman on May 22, 2017, 09:47AMDon't try to contact salesnub.  He's no longer a member.

ttf_TNTBONE

Most recent scam attempt

Post by ttf_TNTBONE »

Here's the latest one to contact me. He also has the highly coveted 12" Bach bass bell...

JP Foot
[url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url]
ttf_BGuttman

Most recent scam attempt

Post by ttf_BGuttman »

He's not a Forum member.

Incidentally, a 12 inch Bach bell would be for a Euphonium or French Horn.  Never seen a 12" bell on ANY bass trombone.
ttf_TNTBONE

Most recent scam attempt

Post by ttf_TNTBONE »

Never seen a 12" bell on ANY bass trombone

My point exactly
ttf_John McKevitt

Most recent scam attempt

Post by ttf_John McKevitt »

I too have been approached be JP Foot of Russia thru my TTF ad for a Shires 525 slide. I asked for pics and he sent me pics of a Valve Trombone. So I have been jerking him around for the past week with questions and excuses why I couldn't pay the Money Gram each day.
ttf_JESimmons

Most recent scam attempt

Post by ttf_JESimmons »

I sometimes like to get a money gram form, fill it out with false information,scan it and send the jpg to the scammer so that he can go to Western Union and pick up the money.
ttf_JESimmons

Most recent scam attempt

Post by ttf_JESimmons »

I sometimes like to get a money gram form, fill it out with false information,scan it and send the jpg to the scammer so that he can go to Western Union and pick up the money.

Return to “Chit-Chat”