88H trigger snapped

ttf_eightyeightH

88H trigger snapped

Post by ttf_eightyeightH »

Before I start ringing round repair shops, I wonder whether anyone in the UK has an old (string) type 88H trigger they could sell me, as mine has snapped.

Please PM me with offers...
ttf_afugate

88H trigger snapped

Post by ttf_afugate »

Quote from: eightyeightH on Jan 29, 2018, 02:52AMBefore I start ringing round repair shops, I wonder whether anyone in the UK has an old (string) type 88H trigger they could sell me, as mine has snapped.

It is possible for a good repair guy to braze this and make it almost as good as new.  Eric Edwards (boneartz here on the forums) did this for a school horn our local school had.  I was floored when I saw the work.  It was nearly impossible to tell it had been snapped.  And it was solid as a rock.

--Andy in OKC
ttf_afugate

88H trigger snapped

Post by ttf_afugate »

Quote from: eightyeightH on Jan 29, 2018, 02:52AMBefore I start ringing round repair shops, I wonder whether anyone in the UK has an old (string) type 88H trigger they could sell me, as mine has snapped.

It is possible for a good repair guy to braze this and make it almost as good as new.  Eric Edwards (boneartz here on the forums) did this for a school horn our local school had.  I was floored when I saw the work.  It was nearly impossible to tell it had been snapped.  And it was solid as a rock.

--Andy in OKC

Return to “Repairs, Modifications, and Maintenance”