Reynolds Outer Slide Crook

ttf_salsabone

Post by ttf_salsabone »

I am looking to replace an outer slide crook for my '52 Reynolds Contempora .520 bore tenor.  These were usaually in nickle silver.  I would apreciate any ideas other than find a donor trombone(unless you have one in good condition for cheap!! Image  Thanks, Salsabone
ttf_Blowero

Post by ttf_Blowero »

Allied.
ttf_salsabone

Post by ttf_salsabone »

Allied has new replacement slide crooks for a reyonolds trombones? great if they do, but why?  There is absolutely no feasible market for that product.
ttf_JPTbone

Post by ttf_JPTbone »

Allied bought the spares/parts when Olds & Reynolds shut down. It'd be luck if it's available but probably the only source. I hope they might have a bell receiver for my Reynolds bass.

Cheers. JP
ttf_JPTbone

Post by ttf_JPTbone »

Problem: it was such a long time ago. Wonder how long Allied would hang on to this stuff. Our techs might have the answers.
ttf_JohnL

Post by ttf_JohnL »

Quote from: JPTbone on Dec 14, 2017, 09:18PMProblem: it was such a long time ago. Wonder how long Allied would hang on to this stuff. Our techs might have the answers.I know they still had some Recording bells a year or two ago. Allied isn't likely to toss stuff like that, but it's a finite resource and when they're gone, they're gone.

It's possible that a crook from a different make/model could be tweaked to fit, though that it would probably be .525" bore.
ttf_Blowero

Post by ttf_Blowero »

It's listed in the catalog, but of course you should ask if they still have any. Also probably should ask if they're nickel. Allied sold me what was supposed to be a Conn slide crook but it was made of brass rather than nickel. When I complained the guy said, "You could have it nickel plated".  Image
ttf_john sandhagen

Post by ttf_john sandhagen »

When they are gone...they are gone.  Might have bought them for $.25 on the dollar, put them in a box and sell them until the box is empty.
ttf_salsabone

Post by ttf_salsabone »

Thanks for the replies guys!  I will work on it.
Salsabone
ttf_salsabone

Post by ttf_salsabone »

Thanks for the replies guys!  I will work on it.
Salsabone

Return to “Repairs, Modifications, and Maintenance”