Configuring a Marcus Bonna Lightweight Case

ttf_bobroden

Post by ttf_bobroden »

Seeking advice here.

I just took delivery on a Marcus Bonna lightweight tenor case.  Using it for a Kanstul 1606.

Everything fits well, but I'm a little uneasy about the closeness of slide end to the bell.  If I stuff one of the movable pads between the two pieces it seems to do the trick, but there doesn't seem to be any way to fasten it in place.  Is that how people deal with this, or does anyone have other suggestions?

Also, the straps are fine but there is no way to remove them quickly or tuck them away when I'm not using them.  Am I missing anything on this point?

Thanks in advance.
ttf_Burgerbob

Post by ttf_Burgerbob »

There should be a slot for the slide tenon to fit in, which keeps it away from the bell. They are very close but it would take some serious force to get them to touch.

And yes, the backpack straps just flop around. Still a great little case.

I do think it's a little large for a 1606, the SKB 360 is a lot smaller for smaller horns.
ttf_Burgerbob

Post by ttf_Burgerbob »

There should be a slot for the slide tenon to fit in, which keeps it away from the bell. They are very close but it would take some serious force to get them to touch.

And yes, the backpack straps just flop around. Still a great little case.

I do think it's a little large for a 1606, the SKB 360 is a lot smaller for smaller horns.

Return to “Accessories”