Any one tried a    Marcinkiewicz 7C ?

Thoughts compered to the Bach?

Ta

BellEnd
ttf_TromboneMonkey

Marcinkiewicz 7C

Post by ttf_TromboneMonkey »

I, too, would be interested in this. 

I just found an old 7c that is stellar.  I have several Marcs and the only one that really compares to it is the Loper model.  I haven't tried any standard Marc mouthpieces, only endorsee. 
ttf_BGuttman

Marcinkiewicz 7C

Post by ttf_BGuttman »

Marcinkiewicz seems to have several size ranges.  Makes shopping a bit tough.

At one time they claimed the 8H was about the size of a Bach 4G.  I bought one and found it too small.  Then they show the 8H to be a 6.5 AL.  I can't figure out which Marcinkiewicz mouthpiece would be about the same size as a Bach 4G.

I have several bass sized Marcinkiewicz mouthpieces: 3, 2 (George Roberts), 105, and 107.  The 105 and 107 are really Contra mouthpieces and don't fit my bass properly.  The 107 works nicely on my 1892 Conn Eb tuba (which came with a much smaller mouthpiece).  I use the 3 as an "emergency bass" mouthpiece in my tenor bag and the GR as a smaller bass mouthpiece when I haven't been playing bass a lot.

If you find a Marcinkiewicz mouthpiece that fits your chops they are good lightweight mouthpieces.  If you are looking for a Megatone replacement, look elsewhere.
ttf_BGuttman

Marcinkiewicz 7C

Post by ttf_BGuttman »

Marcinkiewicz seems to have several size ranges.  Makes shopping a bit tough.

At one time they claimed the 8H was about the size of a Bach 4G.  I bought one and found it too small.  Then they show the 8H to be a 6.5 AL.  I can't figure out which Marcinkiewicz mouthpiece would be about the same size as a Bach 4G.

I have several bass sized Marcinkiewicz mouthpieces: 3, 2 (George Roberts), 105, and 107.  The 105 and 107 are really Contra mouthpieces and don't fit my bass properly.  The 107 works nicely on my 1892 Conn Eb tuba (which came with a much smaller mouthpiece).  I use the 3 as an "emergency bass" mouthpiece in my tenor bag and the GR as a smaller bass mouthpiece when I haven't been playing bass a lot.

If you find a Marcinkiewicz mouthpiece that fits your chops they are good lightweight mouthpieces.  If you are looking for a Megatone replacement, look elsewhere.

Return to “Mouthpieces”