Giardinelli 5C one piece

ttf_anonymous

Giardinelli 5C one piece

Post by ttf_anonymous »

I was talking to Bob Hester about some of the mouthpieces that I have laying around. We were talking about the 6 3/4C and how good a piece it is, and how it is almost a secret among pros. It is such a nice compromise between the 7C and 6 1/2AL.

When I mentioned that I had a Giardinelli 5C he told me that this is in fact very similar to the 6 3/4C.

Anyone here have experiences with it? Just wondering.

I picked it up on Ebay awhile back out of curiosity since I had played a 4M in college. I dropped it in favor of the 7C because it was just too shallow for my needs, although I loved the open throat.
ttf_Cush

Giardinelli 5C one piece

Post by ttf_Cush »

Do you still have the Giardinelli 5C? I would be interested in Hearing more.

Please let me know via pm.

Btw, I have a 6 3/4C En route to me now.
ttf_vegasbound

Giardinelli 5C one piece

Post by ttf_vegasbound »

About 6 years ago I was given a new one, it was the one you see sometimes on ebay white box, has the 5C stamped on the mouthpiece  the opposite side to the wording, huge core sound felt and played to me like a Wick 10CS.

Skip forward to 3 months ago when I accepted one in a trade, it is an older one the 5C stamped after the wording, feels more like a DE 98 rim probably more like the original sizes produced, small throat!
ttf_vegasbound

Giardinelli 5C one piece

Post by ttf_vegasbound »

About 6 years ago I was given a new one, it was the one you see sometimes on ebay white box, has the 5C stamped on the mouthpiece  the opposite side to the wording, huge core sound felt and played to me like a Wick 10CS.

Skip forward to 3 months ago when I accepted one in a trade, it is an older one the 5C stamped after the wording, feels more like a DE 98 rim probably more like the original sizes produced, small throat!

Return to “Mouthpieces”