Al Cass T2

ttf_Stewbones43

Al Cass T2

Post by ttf_Stewbones43 »

I scored an Al Cass T2 on ebay this week. It is  a genuine Milford Mass. version with the hand engraved script. The condition is as new, apart from a tiny nick on the rim which I can't feel when playing.

I got it for under $100. I think that is a good price but they are so infrequent on ebay that I am not sure.

First impressions after half an hour with my usual lead mouthpieces (MV 15EW and SA Rangefinder, both of which are considerably smaller) is that the sound is very full and good at all dynamics and that the range is excellent, happy up to super F and down to the pedals.

I know that they weren't made in great numbers and they rarely come up for sale; just learning the reasons why!

Cheers

Stewbones
ttf_Stewbones43

Al Cass T2

Post by ttf_Stewbones43 »

I scored an Al Cass T2 on ebay this week. It is  a genuine Milford Mass. version with the hand engraved script. The condition is as new, apart from a tiny nick on the rim which I can't feel when playing.

I got it for under $100. I think that is a good price but they are so infrequent on ebay that I am not sure.

First impressions after half an hour with my usual lead mouthpieces (MV 15EW and SA Rangefinder, both of which are considerably smaller) is that the sound is very full and good at all dynamics and that the range is excellent, happy up to super F and down to the pedals.

I know that they weren't made in great numbers and they rarely come up for sale; just learning the reasons why!

Cheers

Stewbones

Return to “Mouthpieces”