REMINGTON SMALL SHANK TENOR bone MP!

ttf_back2bone

Post by ttf_back2bone »

This weekend my HS graduating class held 50 year reunion. My HS pal has started playing again after 40 years, and I asked him to bring a mouthpiece to try some of my horns. He showed up with a Remington mouthpiece with a SMALL SHANK, and I've never seen one before (well except that one, and at that point it didn'tseem so unusual). I regularly play a Conn 3, but this Remington sounded even better on my 2B & Bach 16, but oddly, sounded/felt stuffy on my Conn 10H. I want it, but doubt I could get him to part with it. Anybody have any leads on one?

Change of topic (I suppose this should be a new post, but just to muddy the conversation, here goes: I have an 88H, but with newer lead pipes. I also have a Large Shank Remington MP and a Schilke G MP, both with Remington shanks that don't fit the horn. I'm interested in why the Remington shank was so large.

Thanks
ttf_BGuttman

Post by ttf_BGuttman »

It's not so much too large as a completely different taper from everybody else.  You can get a leadpipe that will fit your trombone to fit B&S Taper (the shank on a Remington or the 3B Bass) mouthpiece.

I got my first small shank Remington while I was in High School (late Pre-Cambrian Era) to use in my Olds Ambassador with F.  It's about the size of a Bach 5G but with a smaller aperture.  It was standard issue with the Connstellation models.  I have a Connstellation Remington that I use with my Conn 40H (no, it's not for sale).
ttf_back2bone

Post by ttf_back2bone »

Quote from: BGuttman on Today at 06:42 AMIt's not so much too large as a completely different taper from everybody else.  You can get a leadpipe that will fit your trombone to fit B&S Taper (the shank on a Remington or the 3B Bass) mouthpiece.

I got my first small shank Remington while I was in High School (late Pre-Cambrian Era) to use in my Olds Ambassador with F.  It's about the size of a Bach 5G but with a smaller aperture.  It was standard issue with the Connstellation models.  I have a Connstellation Remington that I use with my Conn 40H (no, it's not for sale).

Thanks for your reply, except for the (no, it's not for sale) part. Image
ttf_Radar

Post by ttf_Radar »

I had a small shank Remington and a while back I wasn't using it and traded it for some Tuba mouthpieces.  I started using the Large shank Remington on my 88H and now I'm wishing I hadn't gotten rid of the small shank Remington.  I hope you find one!!
ttf_Radar

Post by ttf_Radar »

I had a small shank Remington and a while back I wasn't using it and traded it for some Tuba mouthpieces.  I started using the Large shank Remington on my 88H and now I'm wishing I hadn't gotten rid of the small shank Remington.  I hope you find one!!

Return to “Mouthpieces”