Stork vs Bach Artisan

ttf_PowerJam

Stork vs Bach Artisan

Post by ttf_PowerJam »

Hello, I'm looking for a new 5g sized mouthpiece in small shank and I find standard bach rims uncomfortable, but love the rim on my Artisan 5g. Unfortunately they don't seem to be made With a small shank. Has anyone played both an Artisan and a Stork 5 or 4.5? How do the rim contours compare?
ttf_Matt K

Stork vs Bach Artisan

Post by ttf_Matt K »

I've not played. Stork, but I have had lots of threadings done. Just to present an alternative: You could either thread the rim for an underpart or if you just want large and or small shank, thread the cup for a shank and use an existing shank like an Elliott G4
ttf_conn88plyr

Stork vs Bach Artisan

Post by ttf_conn88plyr »

Quote from: PowerJam on Aug 26, 2017, 05:45PMHello, I'm looking for a new 5g sized mouthpiece in small shank and I find standard bach rims uncomfortable, but love the rim on my Artisan 5g. Unfortunately they don't seem to be made With a small shank. Has anyone played both an Artisan and a Stork 5 or 4.5? How do the rim contours compare?
In general the rims on the Storks tend to be a bit thinner then the Bach but with a similar profile; the bigger difference would be the cup shapes between the two with the Storks having more of a V-shaped cup.  Typically the Bach players I work with find the Storks to be comfortable as well...
ttf_slidehamilton

Stork vs Bach Artisan

Post by ttf_slidehamilton »

Try Warburton. I think you may be pleasant ly surprized!
ttf_BGuttman

Stork vs Bach Artisan

Post by ttf_BGuttman »

Quote from: slidehamilton on Sep 22, 2017, 01:52PMTry Warburton. I think you may be pleasant ly surprized!

Remember, Warburton's numbers are different from Bach/Wick.  The equivalent of a Bach 5 might be an 8 or 9.  I found the 8 to be a little "tight" and I play a Wick 4BS.  A 7D with a 4 backbore seems to be cooking pretty well for me right now.
ttf_BGuttman

Stork vs Bach Artisan

Post by ttf_BGuttman »

Quote from: slidehamilton on Sep 22, 2017, 01:52PMTry Warburton. I think you may be pleasant ly surprized!

Remember, Warburton's numbers are different from Bach/Wick.  The equivalent of a Bach 5 might be an 8 or 9.  I found the 8 to be a little "tight" and I play a Wick 4BS.  A 7D with a 4 backbore seems to be cooking pretty well for me right now.

Return to “Mouthpieces”