Vincent Bach Corp. 3G

ttf_Geordie

Vincent Bach Corp. 3G

Post by ttf_Geordie »

I have a gold Vincent Bach Corp. 3G that I use on a King 4BF.  Very happy with it.  Curious to know, roughly, how old it is.  I recall a correspondence here about different Bach eras and the significance of the full-stop/period in dating their time line and associated quality.  I want to understand this a little better, there have been discussions on here about this subject but I cannot get the search function to produce anything substantial.

My interest is in understanding the perceived quality of products from the different Bach eras and whether my vague recollection about the significance, or otherwise, of the time period associated with the full-stop/period is accurate and can help me to, at least approximately, understand the age of the MP.
ttf_NBee

Vincent Bach Corp. 3G

Post by ttf_NBee »

There are 3 different 'corp' stamps Bach used while it was 'Bach Corp'. One had no period, one had small lettering with a period close to the p in corp, and one had the period further from the p in corp. A picture would help. Any chance of a link?

As far as the perceived quality goes, Bach products from any era have always had a pretty wide range of variance. The early New York era, Mt. Vernon era, and early Elkhart era are regarded as having the best quality control. As far as mouthpieces go,I own a 4g from the '70's (period is further away from the p) and a 3G from the '80's (period is closer to the p).

ttf_Geordie

Vincent Bach Corp. 3G

Post by ttf_Geordie »

This piece has VINCENT BACH CORP. ie all capitals with the period close to the P.  Sorry there is no facility to upload photos here and I have not got the hang of sharing pics in the cloud. 
ttf_Full Pedal Trombonist

Vincent Bach Corp. 3G

Post by ttf_Full Pedal Trombonist »

that would be 80's-mid 90's
ttf_Geordie

Vincent Bach Corp. 3G

Post by ttf_Geordie »

Good to know, curiosity satisfied. Thanks. 
ttf_Geordie

Vincent Bach Corp. 3G

Post by ttf_Geordie »

Good to know, curiosity satisfied. Thanks. 

Return to “Mouthpieces”