Parker rim on Doug Elliott XT series

ttf_Trombinders

Post by ttf_Trombinders »

I've got a Doug Elliott mouthpiece that I really like but I also prefer the feel of steel due to some minor alergic reactions to silver and gold plated mouthpieces. And lexan didn't sound the same  Image I recently discovered Parker mouthpieces and I'm wondering, do they fit the XT series rim threads? Have anyone ever tried that?
ttf_Matt K

Post by ttf_Matt K »

I've never done that personally but if they can do threads, they are presumably capable of putting Doug's threads on there if you have a cup to send them.  You could also get a used steel or titanium mouthpiece and have someone thread the rim for the underpart.  Osmun does the best steel/titanium threading in my experience (well, Doug threaded one for me awhile ago and broke a billion dollars worth of tools; the threads were amazing but unless he's changed his mind about doing steel...  Image ). They recently threaded a titanium G&W for me and it had a quick turn around time and the threads seem to be properly centered. (I've had some steel ones that were not).
ttf_Matt K

Post by ttf_Matt K »

I've never done that personally but if they can do threads, they are presumably capable of putting Doug's threads on there if you have a cup to send them.  You could also get a used steel or titanium mouthpiece and have someone thread the rim for the underpart.  Osmun does the best steel/titanium threading in my experience (well, Doug threaded one for me awhile ago and broke a billion dollars worth of tools; the threads were amazing but unless he's changed his mind about doing steel...  Image ). They recently threaded a titanium G&W for me and it had a quick turn around time and the threads seem to be properly centered. (I've had some steel ones that were not).

Return to “Mouthpieces”