Doug Elliott

ttf_Bob Weller

Doug Elliott

Post by ttf_Bob Weller »

I just recently attended the 2017 ITF at Redlands University. I happened to win a Doug Elliott mouthpiece through one of the ITF raffles. That was nice but the best part was I met Doug Elliott.  He fitted me with a mouthpiece and gave me some suggestions to improve my embouchure. Even with all the noise and activities of the room he was thorough with his efforts.

Doug mentioned he would be traveling through Phoenix in a couple days. I offered to contact my Bones Southwest players to see if any of them would want to meet him and check out his mouthpieces. It all worked out.  Doug gave some lessons and fitted a few of the guys with mouthpieces. He did a great job and I have some very happy bone players. We finished up with Doug joining in for quartets. Doug is a great guy and really knows his stuff.  If you get the chance to work with him, I suggest you take advantage of it.

Thanks, Bob
ttf_FlamingRain

Doug Elliott

Post by ttf_FlamingRain »

Doug's knowledge of embouchures is unparalleled having studied with Reinhardt, and his mouthpiece design and business is what I believe the smartest design, I have played only my best on his mouthpieces, having had my selection driven through the handful of lessons I have had with him (four now, I believe). The embouchure studies that I have done with him have only benefited my playing, and the mouthpiece selection makes it that much easier.

I hosted him here at Central Washington University and a handful of people took lessons with him and they all had VERY favorable reviews. I had a rough patch (not a breakdown, but a rough spot) in my playing that he easily helped me correct and helped me with exercises to keep correct form which has had my playing more reliable than ever before.

Maybe some day down the road I might find another mouthpiece that does it for me, but right now I'm not sure if I'd find one, especially after trying other mouthpieces at the ITF...

ttf_stanzabone

Doug Elliott

Post by ttf_stanzabone »

Quote from: Bob Weller on Jul 06, 2017, 09:06PMEven with all the noise and activities of the room he was thorough with his efforts.

Thanks, Bob
"He's a good man, and thorough."  Image

Sorry, couldn't resist. Let me add that Doug recently did some work for me. He threaded a Stork mouthpiece to use a DE rim, and I'm totally pleased with the results. I look forward to meeting him at some point.
ttf_Duffle

Doug Elliott

Post by ttf_Duffle »

I've yet to play a more responsive. more comfortable and more efficient mouthpiece than the Doug Elliott piece I'm using at the moment......
ttf_cigmar

Doug Elliott

Post by ttf_cigmar »

Quote from: Duffle on Jul 11, 2017, 01:46PMI've yet to play a more responsive. more comfortable and more efficient mouthpiece than the Doug Elliott piece I'm using at the moment......

+1
ttf_cigmar

Doug Elliott

Post by ttf_cigmar »

Quote from: Duffle on Jul 11, 2017, 01:46PMI've yet to play a more responsive. more comfortable and more efficient mouthpiece than the Doug Elliott piece I'm using at the moment......

+1

Return to “Mouthpieces”