Bach No Period Corp 1 1/2G

ttf_fwbassbone

Post by ttf_fwbassbone »

I have a Bach 1 1/2G that is marked Corp with no period.  Can anyone give me a comparison between this piece and a Mt. Vernon 1 1/2G?  I have two other 1 1/2G's that are newer with periods after Corp. and the no period piece seems to be noticeably bigger.  Thanks
ttf_savio

Post by ttf_savio »

Im not sure but the ones without period is made right after the mt vernon mouthpieces. How does it play? That's the important thing.

Leif
ttf_Fridge

Post by ttf_Fridge »

I believe that Savio is correct. My Mt. Vernon feels identical to the one that I have. It does feel bigger than a newer one.

Eddie Clark
ttf_wgwbassbone

Post by ttf_wgwbassbone »

I have 3 Mt Vernon 1 and 1/2G mouthpieces. Each is a slightly different size. I have 2 Corp(non period) mouthpieces as well. Both of the Corp pieces are fairly close in size to each other and close in size to one of my Mt Vernon pieces. One of the Corp pieces has a great sound, the other, not so much(my opinion). Through the years I've purchased numerous Bach pieces and no 2 have been completely identical. So I don't think that there's a single answer to this question in my experience.
ttf_blast

Post by ttf_blast »

Quote from: wgwbassbone on Jun 06, 2017, 06:22AMI have 3 Mt Vernon 1 and 1/2G mouthpieces. Each is a slightly different size. I have 2 Corp(non period) mouthpieces as well. Both of the Corp pieces are fairly close in size to each other and close in size to one of my Mt Vernon pieces. One of the Corp pieces has a great sound, the other, not so much(my opinion). Through the years I've purchased numerous Bach pieces and no 2 have been completely identical. So I don't think that there's a single answer to this question in my experience.
[/quote

Exactly.

Chris Stearn
ttf_blast

Post by ttf_blast »

Quote from: wgwbassbone on Jun 06, 2017, 06:22AMI have 3 Mt Vernon 1 and 1/2G mouthpieces. Each is a slightly different size. I have 2 Corp(non period) mouthpieces as well. Both of the Corp pieces are fairly close in size to each other and close in size to one of my Mt Vernon pieces. One of the Corp pieces has a great sound, the other, not so much(my opinion). Through the years I've purchased numerous Bach pieces and no 2 have been completely identical. So I don't think that there's a single answer to this question in my experience.
[/quote

Exactly.

Chris Stearn

Return to “Mouthpieces”