Similar to Hammond?

ttf_Dixieland57

Similar to Hammond?

Post by ttf_Dixieland57 »

Hi everybody, since I play trombone I've trying only 3 brands of mouthpiece.

Bach has a rim too round and too wide for me, it feel slippy on my lips.

Wick has a rim that I really like but don't like the blow.

Hammond is what I actually play, good flat rim and narrow, and it allow me to stay with the same rim and change caracteristics of cup and backbore for switching to large to small bore.

Do you know some brands similar in rim shape than Hammond and Wick with the possibility of having différents cups and backbore with the same rim size?

Thank you
ttf_Matt K

Similar to Hammond?

Post by ttf_Matt K »

Doug Elliott can do custom rim shapes if the ones he has stock don't workforyou.
ttf_greenbean

Similar to Hammond?

Post by ttf_greenbean »

Schilke
ttf_conn88plyr

Similar to Hammond?

Post by ttf_conn88plyr »

I might look at Stork as well.  They tend to have a slightly flatter and thinner rim then Bach and similar pieces and have different throat options...
ttf_stanzabone

Similar to Hammond?

Post by ttf_stanzabone »

Quote from: conn88plyr on May 18, 2017, 12:18PMI might look at Stork as well.  They tend to have a slightly flatter and thinner rim then Bach and similar pieces and have different throat options...
I've had good results from Stork as well, with their standard and S backbores. Planning on sending a Stork T1 to Doug Elliott so he can thread it for one of his rims. 
ttf_JohnL

Similar to Hammond?

Post by ttf_JohnL »

Maybe Laskey? Scott Laskey and Karl Hammond both worked for Schilke at one point.
ttf_JohnL

Similar to Hammond?

Post by ttf_JohnL »

Maybe Laskey? Scott Laskey and Karl Hammond both worked for Schilke at one point.

Return to “Mouthpieces”