York Master Model

ttf_bigbandaxes

York Master Model

Post by ttf_bigbandaxes »

Is anyone familiar with the old York Master Model trombones? Were they professional level horns? What is the bore size? Other than a short history of the company my internet searchs are not producing any info on specs.
ttf_Euphanasia

York Master Model

Post by ttf_Euphanasia »

There's a pretty detailed discussion here:

http://tromboneforum.org/index.php/topic,12025.0.html

They're beautiful horns, but the bell throats are too wide for my tastes--won't even hold a bass trombone mute. Bore, as I recall, was sub .500 dual bore and similar if not identical to that of the Olds Super. They're heavy, plodding things that have as much agility as an oil tanker. But yeah...they look good.
ttf_bigbandaxes

York Master Model

Post by ttf_bigbandaxes »

Thanks all. You helped me make an informed decision not to purchase one online.
ttf_Doug Elliott

York Master Model

Post by ttf_Doug Elliott »

You'll find more information on TubeNet since the name was used a lot on tubas.  I'm pretty sure York Masters were made in Europe,they're not Yorks at all.
ttf_Blowero

York Master Model

Post by ttf_Blowero »

I have one at the shop. I'll try to remember to measure the bore when I'm there. It's a beautiful instrument. Very much like an Olds Super but with a much larger bell throat. No bead on the rim; the tone ring is just crimped over the edge of the bell.
ttf_Blowero

York Master Model

Post by ttf_Blowero »

I have one at the shop. I'll try to remember to measure the bore when I'm there. It's a beautiful instrument. Very much like an Olds Super but with a much larger bell throat. No bead on the rim; the tone ring is just crimped over the edge of the bell.

Return to “Instruments”