Wessex alto

ttf_heinz gries

Wessex alto

Post by ttf_heinz gries »

I'm a bit confused about the image of the alto trombone on the wessex website.
It shows two connections between bell and slide. A friction fit and thumbscrew
and a normal connection screw like Bach and other brands(see image).
Which is real?

ttf_anonymous

Wessex alto

Post by ttf_anonymous »

I have one of these altos and it has only the thumb screw, no locking nut on it at all.
ttf_harrison.t.reed

Wessex alto

Post by ttf_harrison.t.reed »

Is that a removeable leadpipe?
ttf_davdud101

Wessex alto

Post by ttf_davdud101 »

Thought it might be TIS. Perhaps it's just a photoshop glitch? See those pretty often.
ttf_Westy

Wessex alto

Post by ttf_Westy »

No not TIS regular style tuning slide.  I think the newer ones may have removeable lead pipes but mine doesn't and also hasn't got the little knodule on the lead pipe so not sure.
ttf_Rockymountaintrombone

Wessex alto

Post by ttf_Rockymountaintrombone »

It's on the wrong slide to be a removable leadpipe - it's on the slide that connects to the bell. Also, pretty much everybody has gone to threads of some kind for that, unless it's a job done by your local repairman, and then it would more likely be press-fit. I think it's either some kind of glitch with the photo, or maybe the prototype had a wing nut connection that didn't get removed when they added the slide connector screw.

One other thought as I look at it, is there a removable B flat attachment for this instrument? Thein (and some Chinese copies) has a removable attachment that goes in roughly that spot on one or more of their alto models.

Jim Scott
ttf_Alex

Wessex alto

Post by ttf_Alex »

its not a photoshop glitch as the website has a photo from the other side clearly showing the wingnut.
There is mention in the description of a concealed slide lock but dont think this is it either.
No mention of an optional Bb attachment.
I find it more bizzare that the slide is upside down.
ttf_heinz gries

Wessex alto

i have wrote a PM to chipolah, waiting of his answer
ttf_Matt K

Wessex alto

Post by ttf_Matt K »

Quote from: heinz gries on Aug 02, 2017, 02:14AMi have wrote a PM to chipolah, waiting of his answer

Chip had a pretty severe health issue as of a few days ago  Image not sure he'll be responding any time soon.  You might want to read out to Wessex officially.
ttf_heinz gries

Wessex alto

Quote from: Matt K on Aug 02, 2017, 03:04AMChip had a pretty severe health issue as of a few days ago  Image not sure he'll be responding any time soon.  You might want to read out to Wessex officially.

oh, sorry to hear this. my best wishes to him. hope he will be fit again soon
ttf_hyperbolica

Wessex alto

Post by ttf_hyperbolica »

Quote from: Matt K on Aug 02, 2017, 03:04AMChip had a pretty severe health issue as of a few days ago  Image not sure he'll be responding any time soon.  You might want to read out to Wessex officially.
Best wishes and a fast recovery to Chip. He's a great guy and a huge asset to Wessex.
ttf_Jonathantuba

Wessex alto

Post by ttf_Jonathantuba »

Chip would be able to answer this immediately as the trombone is his design, but unfortunately he is still in a coma.

I know one batch of the alto were made incorrectly and I am guessing this is picture of one of those. However as I have no PE523 in stock at present to check, and am myself a mere tuba player, sorry I can't be certain. Once I have clarified, will post further.
ttf_Blowero

Wessex alto

Post by ttf_Blowero »

So sorry to hear that about Chip. He's a good guy and was very helpful to me. I hope he is well soon.
ttf_Blowero

Wessex alto

Post by ttf_Blowero »

So sorry to hear that about Chip. He's a good guy and was very helpful to me. I hope he is well soon.

Return to “Instruments”