Bach gold brass outers

ttf_Duffle

Bach gold brass outers

Post by ttf_Duffle »

Will Bach make a slide with gold brass outers as a special order, or is this asking too much?.....
ttf_Matt K

Bach gold brass outers

Post by ttf_Matt K »

Even if they did, you'd probably have to wait a pretty substantial amount of time for something like that.  You could get a Bach length Shires or Edwards for around the same price much more quickly.  Shires nomenclature would be a TB47GYCL (bass crook, Bach length, gold tubes, yellow brass crook). Not sure what the equivalent Edwards slide would be.
ttf_Bimmerman

Bach gold brass outers

Post by ttf_Bimmerman »

I know they used to back in the Mt Vernon and NY eras-- my dad's NY 36 has gold brass slide tubes and my Mt Vernon 9 has them as well (and no oversleeves, which is neat).

I am no Bach historian but I haven't seen post-MV horns with gold brass slide tubes come up for sale.

I don't know if they play any better or worse, but they sure are pretty and motivate me to practice.
ttf_pedrombon

Bach gold brass outers

Post by ttf_pedrombon »

Image You can replace the outers of a 42 slide for a pair of rose/gold brass tubes from M&K Drawing.
ttf_daveyboy37

Bach gold brass outers

Post by ttf_daveyboy37 »

Quote from: pedrombon on Yesterday at 04:29 PM Image You can replace the outers of a 42 slide for a pair of rose/gold brass tubes from M&K Drawing.
This is probably the cheapest and easiest way to go about it. Getting Bach to do it? unlikely, even though they could just grab an outer tube from the Conn 88h pile.  Bach really is just a factory now, with little ability to customize.
ttf_bigbassbone1

Bach gold brass outers

Post by ttf_bigbassbone1 »

Sorry to sidetrack, somewhat related.

I am not sure if it is age or tarnish but my younger brother has a bach bass which has what looks like a gold brass tuning slide. Did bach ever make those? I didn't know some of those oldee ones you descibe had gold brass slide tubes.
ttf_elmsandr

Bach gold brass outers

Post by ttf_elmsandr »

Quote from: bigbassbone1 on Yesterday at 07:33 PMSorry to sidetrack, somewhat related.

I am not sure if it is age or tarnish but my younger brother has a bach bass which has what looks like a gold brass tuning slide. Did bach ever make those? I didn't know some of those oldee ones you descibe had gold brass slide tubes.
I haven't seen a stock one, but I wouldn't bet against it.  The older slides were definitely a different color from the end crooks on the same slide, so you can see there is a difference.

Cheers,
Andy
ttf_elmsandr

Bach gold brass outers

Post by ttf_elmsandr »

Quote from: bigbassbone1 on Yesterday at 07:33 PMSorry to sidetrack, somewhat related.

I haven't seen a stock one, but I wouldn't bet against it.  The older slides were definitely a different color from the end crooks on the same slide, so you can see there is a difference.

Cheers,
Andy

Return to “Instruments”