Lip Sore/Pimples

ttf_Krazzikk

Lip Sore/Pimples

Post by ttf_Krazzikk »

I'm performing tonight and I just developed a pimple just above or on my upper lip, although it's more of a sore since it's painful, and my flexibility and range is inhibited by it. It sucks.

Have you ever had this problem? Any tips for dealing with them when you need to perform, or how to get rid of them?
ttf_BGuttman

Lip Sore/Pimples

Post by ttf_BGuttman »

Vitamin E applied directly to the sore can help.  Nothing will cure them in a day, though.  You may have to play through the problem today.
ttf_uncle duke

Lip Sore/Pimples

Post by ttf_uncle duke »

Blue Star ointment but like BGuttman says -nothing will work in a day but Blue Star will come close.
ttf_crazytrombonist505

Lip Sore/Pimples

Post by ttf_crazytrombonist505 »

I sometimes get a pimple above my upper lip right where the mouthpiece rim touches too.  It really does hurt to play when that happens  Image
ttf_bigbassbone1

Lip Sore/Pimples

Post by ttf_bigbassbone1 »

As a teenager I didn't really suffer that much from pimples but when I did get them around my lips they were bad. Very painful when playing. I still get them every so often but not very frequently at all and not as bad as some of my teenage ones were.

I remember getting one a day or two before a big performance exam when I was in high school once. I went into a chemist and asked the same question you have. The lady behind the counter said there wasn't really any fast cream or medicine you can take to get rid of them quickly, but she handed me a pack of alcohol swabs and a needle.

I still actually do this now if I ever get a pimple on my lips that hurts. Its pretty gross but wipe the area down with the swabs, put the needle under a naked flame for a few seconds, then jam it into the sore. Make sure you get out all the infected junk, then wipe it down with the swabs and hold a tissue there for a while.

Thats seriously the fastest method ive found for getting rid of them. I find after having done that its noticably less painful to play on and heals faster.
ttf_harrison.t.reed

Lip Sore/Pimples

Post by ttf_harrison.t.reed »

Physically removing it is the fastest way, unless it isn't a pimple. I feel bad for the guys with cold sores... eurghhh...
ttf_JasonDonnelly

Lip Sore/Pimples

Post by ttf_JasonDonnelly »

Quote from: harrison.t.reed on Jun 04, 2017, 07:23AMPhysically removing it is the fastest way, unless it isn't a pimple. I feel bad for the guys with cold sores... eurghhh...

+1. If it's a pimple, get it off ASAP. If it is a cold-sore, you can try Orajel (or some equivalent), but that stuff only lasts about 20-30 minutes, so you have to reapply.
ttf_BillO

Lip Sore/Pimples

Post by ttf_BillO »

I haven't had a pimple in 44 years.  Back then my strategy was to lance the pimple then treat the area with Flexitol, a urea paste.  For me the pimple would be almost gone in about a day.  It is mostly used to heal cracked feet and hands.  It can heal cracked skin in a day - as well as pimples.  For me it was the only thing that came anywhere near as quick as cortisone.  Don't get it in you mouth though - not very good tasting.
ttf_Raphael boner

Lip Sore/Pimples

Post by ttf_Raphael boner »

I'm a bit late to the party, but maybe (hopefully not) for next time:

A) Put toothpaste on it for a few minutes. Why? no idea. But it works.
B) Vitamin E oil or even better, pure avocado oil

Email me if you have any questions.

Take Care

Raphael
ttf_Falin

Lip Sore/Pimples

Post by ttf_Falin »

I use Compeed plasters when I get cold sores; it takes away the pain and heal quicker, and playing is almost not affected at all.
ttf_Falin

Lip Sore/Pimples

Post by ttf_Falin »

I use Compeed plasters when I get cold sores; it takes away the pain and heal quicker, and playing is almost not affected at all.

Return to “The Healthy Trombonsit”