Security debacle at Fort Worth symphony hall.

ttf_robcat2075

Post by ttf_robcat2075 »

This is very weird. Hall cops are getting worse than mall cops...

Quote‘Tonight, after having conducted throughout the weekend and hosted eight guest orchestras ALL day long yesterday, I come to hear my daughter play with the Fort Worth Youth Orchestra, and I get kicked out by the police, inside the lobby of my concert hall, for holding my daughter’s violin case after her performance.

‘The police told me that YES you could come into Bass Performance Hall with a loaded gun, but NOT with a violin case!’

Quote ‘Musicians aren’t allowed to take their cases into the hall. Any of them…even FWSO whose home this is supposedly is. On top of that, the FWSO musicians aren’t allowed to use their own locks on the lockers any more.

Watch: Maestro is thrown out of hall for carrying his kid’s violin

And more...
[url=http://Fort Worth just got even worse]http://slippedisc.com/2017/05/fort-wort ... ven-worse/]Fort Worth just got even worse[/url]

ttf_BGuttman

Post by ttf_BGuttman »

I think we should kick all those pesky musicians out of concert halls.  Make the audience pay and then play them recordings.  Of country music!  (after all, isn't that the only kind there is?) Image Image Image
ttf_Matt K

Post by ttf_Matt K »

What, nominally, is the reason for not allowing violin cases in the hall??
ttf_JohnL

Post by ttf_JohnL »

Quote from: BGuttman on Today at 10:53 AMI think we should kick all those pesky musicians out of concert halls.  Make the audience pay and then play them recordings.  Of country music!  (after all, isn't that the only kind there is?) Image Image ImageI'm surprised at you, Bruce. You've seen the Blues Brothers movie. You should know that there are two types of music:
Country and Westerm
ttf_robcat2075

Post by ttf_robcat2075 »

Quote from: Matt K on Today at 10:56 AMWhat, nominally, is the reason for not allowing violin cases in the hall??

per the article, they might chip the marble or damage the upholstery.
ttf_LowrBrass

Post by ttf_LowrBrass »

Quote from: robcat2075 on May 15, 2017, 11:35AMper the article, they might chip the marble or damage the upholstery.

And a loaded gun wouldn't?
ttf_robcat2075

Post by ttf_robcat2075 »

Quote from: LowrBrass on May 15, 2017, 07:07PMAnd a loaded gun wouldn't?

Well, by Texas law, the gun toters can not be denied entrance.

(Legal opinion is divided on whether you can stick an "Over-Compensating for Small Penis" sign on their back when you let them in.)
ttf_robcat2075

Post by ttf_robcat2075 »

Quote from: LowrBrass on May 15, 2017, 07:07PMAnd a loaded gun wouldn't?

Well, by Texas law, the gun toters can not be denied entrance.

(Legal opinion is divided on whether you can stick an "Over-Compensating for Small Penis" sign on their back when you let them in.)

Return to “Musical Miscellany”