Hunchback of Notre Dame Pit Orchestra Book

ttf_BigTony013

Post by ttf_BigTony013 »

Nailed down a gig recently for a production of The Hunchback of Notre Dame coming in the Spring, but wont get the book for some time.
I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the book and could give a rough idea of what to expect? As far as I know its a doubling book (tripling with Euphonium?).
I love the soundtrack from the musical, and have listened to it for some time, but the trend with Alan Menken books seems to involve heavy edits after the New York production closes.
Thanks!
ttf_LeoInFL

Post by ttf_LeoInFL »

Our performing arts organization is also putting on Hunchback this Spring (Feb). They haven't announced the chamber group musicians yet. Apparently it's going to be a very, very small ensemble. I hope I get chosen. Image
ttf_LeoInFL

Post by ttf_LeoInFL »

Update!
I was chosen for the upcoming performance of the 'Hunchback of Notre Dame' musical. There are only 2 trombone parts. Has anyone performed this?  Which trombone part is more interesting??
ttf_LeoInFL

Post by ttf_LeoInFL »

Our first rehearsal was last night and it went well. We're renting the sheet music from the actual Broadway musical. Even though we have 2 bones in the group, it looks like the music was scored for just one. There's one high B natural that I've encountered so far (we got through maybe 25% last night) and there are a few low D's. A lot of vamps and rallentandi for dialogue and/or to allow the vocalists some freedom to showcase I'm guessing. Not a bad score at all. Three more Sundays of orchestra rehearsals until we get together with the singers, then a tech rehearsal, a dress rehearsal then showtime!

Looking forward to it!
ttf_LeoInFL

Post by ttf_LeoInFL »

Our first rehearsal was last night and it went well. We're renting the sheet music from the actual Broadway musical. Even though we have 2 bones in the group, it looks like the music was scored for just one. There's one high B natural that I've encountered so far (we got through maybe 25% last night) and there are a few low D's. A lot of vamps and rallentandi for dialogue and/or to allow the vocalists some freedom to showcase I'm guessing. Not a bad score at all. Three more Sundays of orchestra rehearsals until we get together with the singers, then a tech rehearsal, a dress rehearsal then showtime!

Looking forward to it!

Return to “Performance”