Houston benefit concert with John Kitzman et al

ttf_slide advantage

Post by ttf_slide advantage »

I participated in a trombone recital event last night. It was organized by Derek Hawkes, asst. principal Nashville Symphony and an ex-student of John Kitzman at SMU. Of course Kitzman recently retired from the Dallas Symphony after nearly 50 years on the job!

I played with Them Bones, a long standing 6 bone and rhythm jazz group. The rest of the performances were classical in nature.

Lots of players there.

John Kitzman played in a trombone quartet, performing Suite our Quatre Trombones - Desire Dondeyne

He also played Bluebells of Scotland. He sounded terrific. Every time I hear a performance of that solo I am filled with anxiety!

All proceeds raised by the benefit concert went to Houston area Band programs to help rebuild and recover after the Hurricane.
ttf_slide advantage

Post by ttf_slide advantage »

I participated in a trombone recital event last night. It was organized by Derek Hawkes, asst. principal Nashville Symphony and an ex-student of John Kitzman at SMU. Of course Kitzman recently retired from the Dallas Symphony after nearly 50 years on the job!

I played with Them Bones, a long standing 6 bone and rhythm jazz group. The rest of the performances were classical in nature.

Lots of players there.

John Kitzman played in a trombone quartet, performing Suite our Quatre Trombones - Desire Dondeyne

He also played Bluebells of Scotland. He sounded terrific. Every time I hear a performance of that solo I am filled with anxiety!

All proceeds raised by the benefit concert went to Houston area Band programs to help rebuild and recover after the Hurricane.

Return to “Trombonists”