John Fedchock is in Cleveland and Akron this week

ttf_gregs70

Post by ttf_gregs70 »

I played with John http://www.johnfedchock.com/ back in high school.  Fine trombonist and arranger now based in New York City.  Last time I saw him was in the late 80s touring with Woody Herman.  John rarely gets back home to the Cleveland area.  He is back this week, Monday Night 3/20 in Cleveland playing at Nighttown Jazz Club with the Paul Ferguson Quintet.  Next three nights he'll be at the University of Akron.  I'm going to Nighttown with my wife. Really looking forward to it!

ttf_gregs70

Post by ttf_gregs70 »

Wow! Just... Wow!  Two world class trombonists with drums, piano, and bass.  When do you ever hear a trombone combo?  They just blew me out of the water.  The last number was a bebop arrangement - they were playing sixteen bars of sixteenth notes at speed IN UNISON!!!!!  I was in another world for a few hours.
ttf_gregs70

Post by ttf_gregs70 »

Wow! Just... Wow!  Two world class trombonists with drums, piano, and bass.  When do you ever hear a trombone combo?  They just blew me out of the water.  The last number was a bebop arrangement - they were playing sixteen bars of sixteenth notes at speed IN UNISON!!!!!  I was in another world for a few hours.

Return to “Music, Concerts, and Recordings”