Bass Trombone Auditions Pieces!

ttf_anonymous

Post by ttf_anonymous »

I am auditioning for the National Intercollegiate Band for the 2017 KKPsi/TBS National Convention, and I have no clue what I'm going to play for my audition. I am primarily a jazz player, so I don't spend a whole bunch of time in a symphonic setting. Do you guys have any recommendations on pieces to play? There's no crazy requirements, just that you have to have lyrical and technical aspects. I've been procrastinating on this audition because I don't know what to play, so I'm not using that as an excuse anymore. Thanks Guys!
ttf_vegasbound

Post by ttf_vegasbound »

What does your teacher suggest?
ttf_bigbassbone1

Post by ttf_bigbassbone1 »

Its not really jazz, but i have played in several professional auditions that required Bozza's "new orleans". It has lyrical and technical playing in it and is also kind of fun. Its a good one to know. I would choose that one in your situation. Its also prooooobably the closest standard bass trombone audition appropriate work gets to "jazz".
ttf_GetzenBassPlayer

Post by ttf_GetzenBassPlayer »

Quote from: bigbassbone1 on Mar 05, 2017, 09:53PMIts not really jazz, but i have played in several professional auditions that required Bozza's "new orleans". It has lyrical and technical playing in it and is also kind of fun. Its a good one to know. I would choose that one in your situation. Its also prooooobably the closest standard bass trombone audition appropriate work gets to "jazz".

That is a tough piece to interpret.
ttf_GetzenBassPlayer

Post by ttf_GetzenBassPlayer »

Quote from: bigbassbone1 on Mar 05, 2017, 09:53PMIts not really jazz, but i have played in several professional auditions that required Bozza's "new orleans". It has lyrical and technical playing in it and is also kind of fun. Its a good one to know. I would choose that one in your situation. Its also prooooobably the closest standard bass trombone audition appropriate work gets to "jazz".

That is a tough piece to interpret.

Return to “Music, Concerts, and Recordings”