Airmen of Note Rewindplay archives gone?

ttf_anonymous

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Anybody know where to stream or download Airmen of Note albums--in particular Bone Voyage?

There was a site "rewindplay" that had them all. Seems like it is now offline.

The official Air Force (music.af.mil) site does not appear to have Bone Voyage available online.
ttf_Matt K

Post by ttf_Matt K »

Are those okay to share? I 'donated' to that site to pay for their bandwidth and downloaded everything.  So I could share it if its okay.
ttf_Doug Elliott

Post by ttf_Doug Elliott »

Yes, totally OK to share.  I haven't looked for Rewindplay lately.
ttf_Matt K

Post by ttf_Matt K »

Cool. I'll find them in my Google Drive and share them tonight if I can remember.
ttf_anonymous

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Fantastic--thanks!

I was watching some videos of different trombonists with a student. Dave Taylor getting crazy on some classical music. Conrad Herwig. Then it came time for the real question, "have you heard of Dave Steinmeyer?"

Everybody needs to hear the Bone Voyage album at least once. It shows some possibilities on the horn that players would probably not imagine on their own.
ttf_Doug Elliott

Post by ttf_Doug Elliott »

Well yeah.... I was fortunate enough to grow up hearing him and then playing some gigs sitting next to him.
ttf_BGuttman

Post by ttf_BGuttman »

There have been some superlative trombone players in the various military units that nobody knows.  The first one that comes to mind is Robert Isele.  And Joe Jackson and Doug Elliott (we know them for other reasons).  Many, many more.  Many are members of this Forum.
ttf_BGuttman

Post by ttf_BGuttman »

There have been some superlative trombone players in the various military units that nobody knows.  The first one that comes to mind is Robert Isele.  And Joe Jackson and Doug Elliott (we know them for other reasons).  Many, many more.  Many are members of this Forum.

Return to “Music, Concerts, and Recordings”