Eastern Music Festival

ttf_JasonDonnelly

Eastern Music Festival

Post by ttf_JasonDonnelly »

Anyone here on TTF audition and/or get accepted to EMF this year? I tried out on bass bone but got put on a waiting list.

I know that it's a bit mean-spirited to wish that someone turns down their spot, but perhaps someone got accepted to a better summer program and would rather go there?
ttf_anonymous

Eastern Music Festival

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Is this your first year auditioning for music festivals? Music festivals are very competitive for trombone, especially bass trombone. Most festivals take 1, sometimes 2, and Aspen takes 3 to 4. It's hard man. Being a bass trombonist, one should expect getting a lot of waitlisted replies from festivals. If this was your only festival you applied for, I'd suggest applying to more, say like 6. I got waitlisted from Aspen so I understand how you feel.

I believe most of the trombone seminars/weeks are still taking applications. I'd suggest applying to some of those. I really enjoyed Third Coast Trombone Retreat and I think the deadline for that isn't for another month or so.
ttf_JasonDonnelly

Eastern Music Festival

Yep, this is year 1 for music festivals for me. EMF has said they take 2 basses. It was the only major festival that didn't conflict with the International Euphonium-Tuba Festival...and I felt like I would have a decent chance at Eastern as opposed to say, Aspen or Tanglewood, having only 2 years of "real" trombone experience. EMF also had optional euph excerpts to play, so I figured that would increase my chances by a little bit.

I'm not too disappointed, since it's my first year. And I've received more than my fair share of rejections this academic year. I'll definitely send at least 3 or 4 tapes next time.
ttf_JasonDonnelly

Eastern Music Festival

Yep, this is year 1 for music festivals for me. EMF has said they take 2 basses. It was the only major festival that didn't conflict with the International Euphonium-Tuba Festival...and I felt like I would have a decent chance at Eastern as opposed to say, Aspen or Tanglewood, having only 2 years of "real" trombone experience. EMF also had optional euph excerpts to play, so I figured that would increase my chances by a little bit.

I'm not too disappointed, since it's my first year. And I've received more than my fair share of rejections this academic year. I'll definitely send at least 3 or 4 tapes next time.

Return to “Schools, Colleges, and Conservatories”