Funding Sources for European Trip

ttf_sowilson

Post by ttf_sowilson »

Hopefully this is the correct section.  My son is a freshman at Gustavus Adolphus College, majoring in Economics/Math, playing football and track, and also playing trombone in two of his schools non-traveling music ensembles (Gustavus Wind Symphony Ttbn and Adolphus Jass Ensemble Btbn -all the ensembles are by audition).  He has been invited to join the Gustavus Wind Orchestra (Gustavus's oldest touring ensemble) during their tour next January to Sweden and Norway.  The GWO tours every year with an international tour every 4 years.  This next year they're wanting to expand the size of the orchestra for this tour.  The tour will take place during the school's J-term (1 month January term) with some rehearsals and study prior to their 17 day trip.  Since this is for academic credit they will also be engaged in academic study associated with their majors while abroad.  Sounds like fun.  Anyhow, it's not cheap (app $5K).  Since many of you have done something similar, I'm looking for ideas on how to fund part of this for my son.  Specifically if you know of interesting scholarships directed at defraying the cost of musical tours/trips.
ttf_SilverBone

Post by ttf_SilverBone »

Where does he find the time to do all that?  Good luck on fundraising!
ttf_SilverBone

Post by ttf_SilverBone »

Where does he find the time to do all that?  Good luck on fundraising!

Return to “Schools, Colleges, and Conservatories”