Double buzz??

ttf_Solidshi

Double buzz??

Post by ttf_Solidshi »

Recently , I found I get a double buzz when I play E Eb D loudly… it seems that I also buzz  A Ab and G when I play E Eb D… when I tried to firm my corner and have more pressure …I found it doesn’t work. And l tried to play very softly, but the sound and articulation is not clear too… and it felt like some points on my lower lip started to buzz a wrong note…What should I do??
ttf_William Lang

Double buzz??

Post by ttf_William Lang »

make sure your jaw is relaxed - creating a split tone, or double buzz, on purpose can bre acheived with jaw tension, so keep everything facially open and loose and let the air do the work for volume.

for soft articulations make sure your tongue is articulating just hard and fast enough. sometimes softer notes become associated with a slower, more "thwah" type of articulation where there should be still be a clean "toh" (or whichever syllable works for you.) A good exercise is to take 8th notes at a comfortable dynamic and practice decrescendo-ing them over 8-16 beats while striving to keep the articualtion as clear as possible.

with all that said - the best advice is go see a local professional player or university level teacher - in person lessons matter much more than internet advice.

good luck!
ttf_harrison.t.reed

Double buzz??

Post by ttf_harrison.t.reed »

You're half of the way to being able to play all of the effects in Xenakis' piece 'Keren'. Most people can't do it!
ttf_Doug Elliott

Double buzz??

Post by ttf_Doug Elliott »

Work on firming your bottom lip more, and probably pulling it in a little.  That's what I use freebuzzing for.
ttf_Doug Elliott

Double buzz??

Post by ttf_Doug Elliott »

Work on firming your bottom lip more, and probably pulling it in a little.  That's what I use freebuzzing for.

Return to “Practice Room”