Jack Teagarden: Modern Trombone Studies

ttf_SilverBone

Post by ttf_SilverBone »

TTF member tgate sent me the JPEGs of Teagarden's Modern Trombone Studies.  I've processed them and organized them into two PDFs that you all can download.

Thank you, tgate!

Couple notes:

1) The scans were of varying sizes and quality.  I've done my best to normalize them so that the pages are consistent.
2) Pages 7 and 8 are missing.

Here's a small version (5.5MB) suitable for viewing on your screen:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/olrvj7

And here's a very large version (48.7MB) that should be suitable for printing if you so desire.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/sc8fih

If you don't have a fast internet connection, you don't want the large version!

I am not sure how long sendspace maintains uploaded files, so if you're interested you might want to download it soon.

ttf_sabutin

Post by ttf_sabutin »

Quote from: SilverBone on Dec 31, 2011, 11:18PMTTF member tgate sent me the JPEGs of Teagarden's Modern Trombone Studies.  I've processed them and organized them into two PDFs that you all can download.

Thank you, tgate!

Couple notes:

1) The scans were of varying sizes and quality.  I've done my best to normalize them so that the pages are consistent.
2) Pages 7 and 8 are missing.

Here's a small version (5.5MB) suitable for viewing on your screen:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/olrvj7

And here's a very large version (48.7MB) that should be suitable for printing if you so desire.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/sc8fih

If you don't have a fast internet connection, you don't want the large version!

I am not sure how long sendspace maintains uploaded files, so if you're interested you might want to download it soon.

I am a Mac user, and I cannot view these files. They download as <iLividSetupV1-1.exe>. If they are .pdfs then please send the smaller one to me in .pdf form by email. ([url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url]) I can put it up on my Dropbox public area and anyone can access it.

Or...tell me how I can open the <iLividSetupV1-1.exe> file on a Mac. I'd love to see what Teagarden had to say.

Thanks...

Sam
ttf_JimR

Post by ttf_JimR »

I get a link as Sam did to an executable that I need to run on my Mac.

I don't run any executable I am not familiar with.

If you have a PDF, can you post the file as a native PDF file? 

If I need to install this executable, does anyone have experience with this executable and what it does?

Thanks.

Jim
ttf_monty

Post by ttf_monty »

Sam,
Did you try just renaming the file to something like teagarden.pdf?  Sometimes that will work.
If you open the file with a text editor and it starts with %PDF it is a pdf file and should be safe to rename.

Peter.

Quote from: sabutin on Jan 01, 2012, 05:39AM

Or...tell me how I can open the <iLividSetupV1-1.exe> file on a Mac. I'd love to see what Teagarden had to say.

Thanks...

Sam

ttf_ddickerson

Post by ttf_ddickerson »

That is the wrong file. I get that message a few times myself, and I cancel, and then the option to download the correct file shows up. Try it again Sam, and if it doesn't explicitly say the sent pdf file, hit cancel instead of save. You will eventually get the correct file.

Good luck!
ttf_sabutin

Post by ttf_sabutin »

Quote from: monty on Jan 01, 2012, 05:55AMSam,
Did you try just renaming the file to something like teagarden.pdf?  Sometimes that will work.
Yes. No go.

S.

If you open the file with a text editor and it starts with %PDF it is a pdf file and should be safe to rename.

Peter.
ttf_sabutin

Post by ttf_sabutin »

Got it. You have to hit the "Click here to start download from sendspace" button, not the big "DOWNLOAD" one. Duh.

S.
ttf_anonymous

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Thanks for the link, confusing as it was Image
ttf_baileyman

Post by ttf_baileyman »

Many thanks.

These share sites are sometimes creepy.  They often operate on a credit-card type gotcha strategy.  Click the wrong button and they get a click fee, but you don't get what you want. 

Can't wait to get Big T on my practice stand!

ttf_JimR

Post by ttf_JimR »

Thanks,
I found the right button.  Even when you click Remove Adds it doesn't just bring up another "offer"

Yikes - but got it to download.

Thanks

Jim
ttf_SilverBone

Post by ttf_SilverBone »

Most of you seem to have figured it out.  You need to hit the large blue button that says "Click here to start download from sendspace."

Do not click the big yellow "Download" button.  Do not click the black "Download" button.

I didn't realize sendspace made it this confusing or I would have posted a warning.  I never saw the yellow or black buttons when I tested because they were blocked by my ad blocking software.  Sorry for any inconvenience, and I hope everyone who wants a copy has it now.
ttf_johntarr

Post by ttf_johntarr »

I have it on my iPad and it downloaded just fine.

Many thanks for your efforts!
ttf_WaltTrombone

Post by ttf_WaltTrombone »

Quote from: sabutin on Jan 01, 2012, 06:18AMGot it. You have to hit the "Click here to start download from sendspace" button, not the big "DOWNLOAD" one. Duh.

S.

Yup, that one got me, too. Looking forward to checking out Big T's stuff...
ttf_Screamin Trombone Playa

Post by ttf_Screamin Trombone Playa »

I know this topic hasn't had a post for A WHILE but I came across it today and the larger file on sendspace is not there. Would someone mind re-uploaded the larger version somewhere or sending it to me privately?
Thanks.
ttf_SilverBone

Post by ttf_SilverBone »

Quote from: Screamin Trombone Playa on Nov 14, 2012, 11:52PMI know this topic hasn't had a post for A WHILE but I came across it today and the larger file on sendspace is not there. Would someone mind re-uploaded the larger version somewhere or sending it to me privately?
Thanks.

sendspace is not cooperating with me to re-upload it.  I put it on Google Drive.

https://drive.google.com/#folders/0B1jmuOlOXxHIQTVHME5DVms3WGc

Please let me know after you grab it.  I don't want to leave it up on Google Drive permanently.
ttf_anonymous

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Silverbone, any chance I could get a copy?
Thanks
ttf_anonymous

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Silverbone, is it possible for me to get a copy too?

Thanks in advance,

Marc
ttf_anonymous

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Yes, can you repost for those of us that missed it the first time.

Thanks!!

ttf_SilverBone

Post by ttf_SilverBone »

Why do all you guys wait until the day AFTER I removed it?   Image

Try this link:

https://drive.google.com/?authuser=0#folders/0B1jmuOlOXxHIQTVHME5DVms3WGc

Limited time only - grab it while it lasts!

ttf_Russ White

Post by ttf_Russ White »

Very cool!! Thanks. Someone recently gave me a copier version of Urbie's Daily Routine/ Method book. It's a copy of a small format book, minus the cover, and missing a couple of pages. I don't have it as PDF, but would be willing to figure out how to scan it and turn it into PDF files if there is an interest. I have no idea if it is as rare or hard to come by as the Teagarden book is. Seems to me, someone should be re-releasing these!
ttf_cozzagiorgi

Post by ttf_cozzagiorgi »

Would definitely be interested!
ttf_cb56

Post by ttf_cb56 »

Thank you Silverbone. I used to own a copy of this book and have no idea what happened to it, so this is great!
ttf_SilverBone

Post by ttf_SilverBone »

Quote from: Russ White on Nov 28, 2012, 04:01AMVery cool!! Thanks. Someone recently gave me a copier version of Urbie's Daily Routine/ Method book. It's a copy of a small format book, minus the cover, and missing a couple of pages. I don't have it as PDF, but would be willing to figure out how to scan it and turn it into PDF files if there is an interest. I have no idea if it is as rare or hard to come by as the Teagarden book is. Seems to me, someone should be re-releasing these!

Scanning it will be the time-consuming part.  If you scan to JPEGs, it's duck soup to convert to PDF.  The Teagarden PDF was originally a lot of JPEGs that I converted.  If the Urbie book is OOP and unavailable, I'd be happy to help out with converting to PDF.

If you decide to scan it, scan it at at least 300 dpi, not the screen resolution (72 dpi) that is probably your default.  That way it will print well.

ttf_Russ White

Post by ttf_Russ White »

I found copies of Urbie's book for $20 from a gentleman named John Mason in the UK. He has a limited number. I ordered one through paypal @ [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url]. He said he is out of the country right now and delivery would taske a couple of weeks. I'll keep you posted.
ttf_jakeway1

Post by ttf_jakeway1 »

QuoteIf the Urbie book is OOP and unavailable, I'd be happy to help out with converting to PDF.

I've already got it scanned but the copyright police are everywhere..............
ttf_bobg321

Post by ttf_bobg321 »

So I wanted to dig up this old thread and see what happened with the Urbie book? did anybody determine if it was ok to make it available? or is it still protected under copyright law?
ttf_Russ White

Post by ttf_Russ White »

I ordered one from a "gentleman" in England to whom I was referred by a Green family member, but I have not received it yet. He took my PayPal, but has not been responsive to recent requests. I'll get back to you when it is resolved.
ttf_bobg321

Post by ttf_bobg321 »

Ok thanks Russ! I hope this gets resolved it sounds like a great resource that the trombone community could benefit from...
ttf_Daniel

Post by ttf_Daniel »

Reading this thread, I noted that silverbone says that the teagarden book pdf has missing 2 pages. This is a link to my scanned copy of this book That I got in ebay. It is complete.http://db.tt/nRJYReG9
ttf_anonymous

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Sorry I'm late to the party on this but does anyone still have the pdfs?  Would love to get my hands on them.
ttf_SilverBone

Post by ttf_SilverBone »

Email sent.
ttf_anonymous

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Quote from: tinogil on Apr 04, 2013, 07:25PMReading this thread, I noted that silverbone says that the teagarden book pdf has missing 2 pages. This is a link to my scanned copy of this book That I got in ebay. It is complete.http://db.tt/nRJYReG9

Hi,

This link seems to be down, any chance you can maybe send it to my email? It's [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url].

Thanks!
ttf_anonymous

Post by ttf_anonymous »

I would like a copy if that is possible. Thanks! Image
ttf_anonymous

Post by ttf_anonymous »

I would also like a copy of this book if it is still available
ttf_anonymous

Post by ttf_anonymous »

If someone will send the PDF to me, I'll be happy to post it on my website permanently for free download.
Biz
-at-
Johnesimmons-dot-com
ttf_Russ White

Post by ttf_Russ White »

I just realized I never got back to this thread with the outcome of my order of Urbie's book. THe first order got lost in the mail somewhere. John Mason made it good, and I eventually got two copies of the book. Just FYI for those who were interested. I would still like a copy of the Teagarden book.
ttf_anonymous

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Me too. Thnx
ttf_Pre59

Post by ttf_Pre59 »

When I was on a tour in the US in the 70's I have bought 2 copies of many of these "artist" methods, TD, JT, etc etc which were unavailable in the UK. They went "missing" from a hotel room before I got an opportunity to have a really good look at them.

In the same way that small bore trombones refuse to roll over and die, I'm sure there must be a strong market for these books.                         
ttf_Pre59

Post by ttf_Pre59 »

When I was on a tour in the US in the 70's I have bought 2 copies of many of these "artist" methods, TD, JT, etc etc which were unavailable in the UK. They went "missing" from a hotel room before I got an opportunity to have a really good look at them.

In the same way that small bore trombones refuse to roll over and die, I'm sure there must be a strong market for these books.                         

Return to “Pedagogy”