Mulcahy Triangle

ttf_cigmar

Mulcahy Triangle

Post by ttf_cigmar »

In one of his videos Mulcahy mentions "The Triangle" in relation to formation of the embouchure.  I don't entirely understand that.  Can someone clarify?
ttf_harrison.t.reed

Mulcahy Triangle

Post by ttf_harrison.t.reed »

ttf_bigbassbone1

Mulcahy Triangle

Post by ttf_bigbassbone1 »

I think what you are talking about is his referring to the outline of the muscles that become visable when you form an embouchure. I have more often heard him refer to it as "the diamond".

If you go to the mirror and begin to engage the muscles you would normally use for forming an embouchure, you should see creases above your lips going toward your nose and creases going down toward your chin with the corners of your lips forming the side points of "the diamond".
ttf_bigbassbone1

Mulcahy Triangle

Post by ttf_bigbassbone1 »

I think what you are talking about is his referring to the outline of the muscles that become visable when you form an embouchure. I have more often heard him refer to it as "the diamond".

If you go to the mirror and begin to engage the muscles you would normally use for forming an embouchure, you should see creases above your lips going toward your nose and creases going down toward your chin with the corners of your lips forming the side points of "the diamond".

Return to “Pedagogy”