Air leaking on trombone mouthpiece but not on trumpet mouthpiece,what the heck?

ttf_Dixieland57

Post by ttf_Dixieland57 »

Hi, a problem that drive me crazy.

I always have air leak at both sides of my mouth.

So, I have had the idea of freebuz and then without changing anything bring the mouthpiece alone to my mouth, but the problem is the same.

But when you freebuz, it's impossible to not having firm corner, so I looking closer to the problem, and it seems that the part of the mouthpiece that come in contact on both side of my mouth don't touch enough, so part of the air escape.

The strange thing is that when I do the same with a trumpet mouthpiece, no problem at all.

So it made me think it's a problem of a mouthpiece to big, but it's a standard 6.5 size!!!

ttf_Dixieland57

Post by ttf_Dixieland57 »

Hi, a problem that drive me crazy.

I always have air leak at both sides of my mouth.

So, I have had the idea of freebuz and then without changing anything bring the mouthpiece alone to my mouth, but the problem is the same.

But when you freebuz, it's impossible to not having firm corner, so I looking closer to the problem, and it seems that the part of the mouthpiece that come in contact on both side of my mouth don't touch enough, so part of the air escape.

The strange thing is that when I do the same with a trumpet mouthpiece, no problem at all.

So it made me think it's a problem of a mouthpiece to big, but it's a standard 6.5 size!!!

Return to “Pedagogy”