Looking for easy jazz trombone and piano pieces

ttf_trombonemetal

Post by ttf_trombonemetal »

I'm looking for some easy jazz style pieces for beginner/intermediate trombone and piano for a high school student. Even better would be a collection of this type of piece. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
ttf_Arrowhead99

Post by ttf_Arrowhead99 »

The Jazz Conception by Jim Snidero book series are really good. There are a few of them available, each with a different trombone player - Conrad Herwig, Steve Davis, etc... Each one comes with a play-along track so you can hear the articulations, etc. They're all based off of standard tunes (although they don't cover New Orleans Jazz...)
ttf_vegasbound

Post by ttf_vegasbound »

Also check out what Warwick music have!
ttf_bonenick

Post by ttf_bonenick »

I personally started with All of me and Things ain't what they used to be, both transcribed in the key of F.
If you wanna go that road (just playing some standards) you can put down some blues/jazz licks and go for it with your student. That's what I do as a rather beginner on the tbone.
ttf_bonenick

Post by ttf_bonenick »

I personally started with All of me and Things ain't what they used to be, both transcribed in the key of F.
If you wanna go that road (just playing some standards) you can put down some blues/jazz licks and go for it with your student. That's what I do as a rather beginner on the tbone.

Return to “Pedagogy”