Jay Friedman: Elements of Sound DVD Masterclass

ttf_Slipmo

Post by ttf_Slipmo »

Hey everyone! Apologies if some of you have already seen this on my facebook posts, but I think TTF has some non facebook users, so I wanted to get this here too.

In January 2017 Jay Friedman and I co-produced a DVD masterclass that covers a wide variety of Jay's pedagogy and his experience playing principal trombone in the Chicago Symphony for 55 years!!!  Image It's been a great honor working on this project with Jay, he is a living legend. I wanted to do my part to help preserve his concepts for trombonists and brass players for years to come. I think what we've created does this. I'm confident it will be enjoyable to watch as well as impart important knowledge for all serious brass musicians.

The DVD will be available on July 1st. You can preorder now by sending me an email [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url]

Here's a teaser that will surely make you want more  Image

https://youtu.be/TbxHy82v884
ttf_savio

Post by ttf_savio »

He have really been playing there for 55 years? And still do it? Amazing! Could you put me on that list Noah?

Leif
ttf_Rockymountaintrombone

Post by ttf_Rockymountaintrombone »

Noah -

I'd love a copy as well!

Leif -

I think that Jay has been playing in the CSO even longer than 55 years - If I'm not mistaken, he's been Principal Trombone for 55 years, but he joined the orchestra a couple of years before that as Assistant Principal and then moved into the 1st chair after Robert Lambert retired. I'm not sure what year he joined the orchestra - I'm sure that someone else will have the exact dates - but no matter what, 55 years is an incredible accomplishment all on it's own, never mind that it's in the Chicago Symphony - one of the greats!

Jim Scott
ttf_BassBoneFL

Post by ttf_BassBoneFL »

I believe Jay was Asst Princ for 2yrs before moving to Princ.
ttf_Slipmo

Post by ttf_Slipmo »

Jay took over for Byron Peebles, who was assistant principal, in 1962 when Byron left for the LA Phil. He's been in the orchestra for 57 years, 55 of them as principal!

I've had so much interest in preorders, who ch is wonderful. If you want a DVD, please email me. It's much easier for me to track via email than forum responses.

Cheers!
Noah
ttf_harrison.t.reed

Post by ttf_harrison.t.reed »

Will it be available without preordering?

What is the price?
ttf_aumannbone

Post by ttf_aumannbone »

2017 - 1962 = 55

He's finishing his 55th season in the orchestra, 53rd as principal.
ttf_harrison.t.reed

So ... price?
ttf_harrison.t.reed

So ... price?

Return to “Pedagogy”