Back to square one

ttf_anonymous

Back to square one

Post by ttf_anonymous »

"Growing old isn't for the faint of heart."
My lower incisors were doing their best to punch a hole in my palate, so the dentist ground them down by one millimeter. I expected that would require a small adjustment in my playing. I was wrong. I lost everything; couldn't even play a clean Bb major scale; articulation, range and tone were all terrible. I'm now two months into rebuilding my chops and happily seeing steady improvement, but it's going to be a long haul to get the high range back. Who woulda thought? One silly millimeter.
ttf_robcat2075

Back to square one

Post by ttf_robcat2075 »

I believe you. I had a similar experience when i had a tooth lengthened to bring it more in line with the neighboring teeth.

I couldn't tongue anymore! It took months to put that back together, and I completely flopped at my audition when i went back to school a few weeks later.
ttf_John McKevitt

Back to square one

Post by ttf_John McKevitt »

I have had just the opposite results from crowns being put on my 2 upper front teeth.The Upper 2 front teeth were offset to begin with and when I finally agreed to have crowns done  the Dentist made them exactly even. I was told never have a dentist change the setting of your teeth. I relayed this to my dentist . I told him I wanted them exactly as offset as they were. He didn't listen to me and did what he wanted.I was Pissed , but I kept my mouth shut. ALmost immediately I had better tone and flexibility. The mouthpiece felt better on my lips and I had less fatigue. I lucked out on that one.I am glad I kept my mouth shut( this time) and didn't complain .
ttf_John McKevitt

Back to square one

Post by ttf_John McKevitt »

I have had just the opposite results from crowns being put on my 2 upper front teeth.The Upper 2 front teeth were offset to begin with and when I finally agreed to have crowns done  the Dentist made them exactly even. I was told never have a dentist change the setting of your teeth. I relayed this to my dentist . I told him I wanted them exactly as offset as they were. He didn't listen to me and did what he wanted.I was Pissed , but I kept my mouth shut. ALmost immediately I had better tone and flexibility. The mouthpiece felt better on my lips and I had less fatigue. I lucked out on that one.I am glad I kept my mouth shut( this time) and didn't complain .

Return to “Beginners and Returning Trombonists”