Do not use the Classifieds section

ttf_anonymous

Post by ttf_anonymous »

As has been noted elsewhere, the Classifieds section has been hacked and is emitting script viruses.  Please do not use the Classifieds section.

A few of the staff members had access to the Classifieds administration area, but this, too, is broken, and so it does not appear that the Classifieds section can be shut down that way.

Site Owner Richard Byrd is the only person who can modify the relevant bits.  The rest of us will do what we can to remove links to the Classifieds section, but may not be able remove all of them.
ttf_blast

Post by ttf_blast »

What does this virus do to your computer ? Does it affect Macs ?

Chris Stearn
ttf_BFW

Post by ttf_BFW »

We have had reports of Shell-AX (Trojan) and C99Shell.U (Backdoor), possibly others.  The PHP code for the Classifieds section has apparently been modified.  My understanding is that it is emitting malicious javascript that may be blocked by script blockers.  What these particular bits of script may do, and whether they affect only Windows PCs, I do not know. 

The integrity of the software has been compromised, we have no administrative control over it, and people enter email addresses and names and passwords into the system.  I am suggesting that people not use the software until we have some assurance that the system is under control again.
ttf_BFW

Post by ttf_BFW »

Todd Jonz has started a discussion in a different section of the forum and has posted some technical details.

http://tromboneforum.org/index.php/topic,58140.0.html

I do understand that some people are able to access the classifieds without problems.  Do understand that we no longer have any administrative controls available in Classifieds anymore, and cannot delete ads, delete accounts, remove spam, or investigate problems.
ttf_BFW

Post by ttf_BFW »

Todd Jonz has started a discussion in a different section of the forum and has posted some technical details.

http://tromboneforum.org/index.php/topic,58140.0.html

I do understand that some people are able to access the classifieds without problems.  Do understand that we no longer have any administrative controls available in Classifieds anymore, and cannot delete ads, delete accounts, remove spam, or investigate problems.

Return to “Announcements”