Other Site - Trombonechat

ttf_BillO

Post by ttf_BillO »

For some reason my password did not work.  I requested that a new password be sent, then on attempting to use it the system required me to solve a CAPTCHA.  However, the CAPTCHA was not displayed.  Instead there was the following message:

QuoteAn internal error occurred: 543122DF25DA1.A6B23D4.760D7D5C
ttf_anonymous

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Maybe they're on to you. The site still works for me. Notice how things are more civil over there.
ttf_BillO

Post by ttf_BillO »

Quote from: hyperbolica on Dec 07, 2016, 06:29AMMaybe they're on to you. The site still works for me. Notice how things are more civil over there.
Thanks.  How civil of you.
ttf_anonymous

Post by ttf_anonymous »

I saw a note that they are changing the hosting provider. I had to re-enter my credentials when the URL changed, but didn't have any problem after that. New teething troubles probably.
ttf_BGuttman

Post by ttf_BGuttman »

I'm a Mod over there, but don't have much power.  Bubbachet is the Site Owner and might be able to help you a lot more.

It's a great site to visit if you like crickets chirping, but it's sole purpose is to take over if this one tanks; not to replace it outright.
ttf_anonymous

Post by ttf_anonymous »

Quote from: BGuttman on Dec 07, 2016, 07:17AMI'm a Mod over there, but don't have much power.  Bubbachet is the Site Owner and might be able to help you a lot more.

It's a great site to visit if you like crickets chirping, but it's sole purpose is to take over if this one tanks; not to replace it outright.

That may be its sole purpose, but it is ALSO very nice that the photo import works.

For Bill: do you use an automatic password in your browser?  Sometimes that gets hosed in cases like this where the URL is not "trombonechat.com" at the moment.  Having your browser/password manager forget the login, then redoing it with the new, temporary URL might bring your login back.
ttf_BillO

Post by ttf_BillO »

Quote from: boneagain on Dec 07, 2016, 11:25AMFor Bill: do you use an automatic password in your browser?  Sometimes that gets hosed in cases like this where the URL is not "trombonechat.com" at the moment.  Having your browser/password manager forget the login, then redoing it with the new, temporary URL might bring your login back.
The request for a new password has been sent and responded to,  attempting to use my old password will have no effect.  The error occurred while trying that new password.  My intent in posting this was to let the administrators know about the error.

It worked fine today.
ttf_BillO

Post by ttf_BillO »

Quote from: boneagain on Dec 07, 2016, 11:25AMFor Bill: do you use an automatic password in your browser?  Sometimes that gets hosed in cases like this where the URL is not "trombonechat.com" at the moment.  Having your browser/password manager forget the login, then redoing it with the new, temporary URL might bring your login back.
The request for a new password has been sent and responded to,  attempting to use my old password will have no effect.  The error occurred while trying that new password.  My intent in posting this was to let the administrators know about the error.

It worked fine today.

Return to “Comments and Suggestions”