Child Boards for Classified Ads.

ttf_trombonejb

Post by ttf_trombonejb »

I think Childboards for classified ad section of trombone forum would be great.

It would be great to organize the classified ad section into childboards such as Mouthpieces, Tenor trombones for sale, Bass trombones for sale, Want to buy, Miscellaneous, scam alerts, etc.

It would make it much easier for me an d probably many others to find that one post theyre looking for without spending time scrolling through tons of ads that xy and z don't need to look at anymore.

That's just my 2 cents. What are yours?

Jack
ttf_BGuttman

Post by ttf_BGuttman »

As the designer of the Classified Ads board, i probably should answer this.

We had a well-organized Classified Ads (not directly part of TTF) that got majorly hacked.  Richard told us he would have a replacement in a couple of months.  As such I created a simple board with no child boards because we were supposed to be back on a proper Classifieds in a couple of months.  That was over 5 years ago.  I'm sorry it has worked out like this.

Meanwhile, I also designed the Classified Ads on Trombone Chat.  It has all the sub-divisions you are asking for (and probably a few more).  Too bad that didn't take off; it would be a good trading post.
ttf_trombonejb

Post by ttf_trombonejb »

Thanks!
ttf_gregs70

Post by ttf_gregs70 »

Quote from: trombonejb on Yesterday at 01:45 PMI think Childboards for classified ad section of trombone forum would be great.

It would be great to organize the classified ad section into childboards such as Mouthpieces, Tenor trombones for sale, Bass trombones for sale, Want to buy, Miscellaneous, scam alerts, etc.

It would make it much easier for me an d probably many others to find that one post theyre looking for without spending time scrolling through tons of ads that xy and z don't need to look at anymore.

That's just my 2 cents. What are yours?

Jack

I just go to the classified section and input a key word in the Search box like Mouthpieces, WTB, etc.  Narrows the list down dramatically.
ttf_SilverBone

Post by ttf_SilverBone »

I like to browse the classifieds without looking for something specific.  Sometimes interesting stuff shows up.

Having child boards would make that more work having to visit every child.
ttf_schlitzbeer

Post by ttf_schlitzbeer »

The guy that owns this site stores the hardware in his garage. It’s uptime is sketchy. In his residential movements, this site is up, and only up, when he flips the right order of switches to get a cold beer. There’s a better site that’s not being used. Nuke this site and it’s there, just because it’s the alternative.
ttf_schlitzbeer

Post by ttf_schlitzbeer »

The guy that owns this site stores the hardware in his garage. It’s uptime is sketchy. In his residential movements, this site is up, and only up, when he flips the right order of switches to get a cold beer. There’s a better site that’s not being used. Nuke this site and it’s there, just because it’s the alternative.

Return to “Comments and Suggestions”