UTA Trombone Day

ttf_dbubert

UTA Trombone Day

Post by ttf_dbubert »

Dear Friends and Colleagues
I am pleased to announce Trombone Day at UTA next Saturday, January 27, from 9:30am to 5:00pm.
This is a day-long participant oriented day celebrating the trombone, and has been put together to offer as much involvement with your students as possible. Highlights of the day include two master classes with the two new principal trombonists of the Dallas and Fort Worth Symphonies This is your chance to meet both of these players, hear them play, and listen to their thoughts in two master classes on the same day.
Barry Hearn (a UTA alum!) comes to the DSO after serving in the U.S. Army Band and serving as assistant principal trombone in the National Symphony Orchestra. Barry is a Texas-raised trombonist and an extraordinary example of why former Texas students are consistent factors in national auditions.
Like Mr. Hearn, FWSO principal John Romero is also a Texas product. A former All-Stater, he was educated in Texas, and won his position in Fort Worth within a few days of finishing graduate school at Rice.
Amelia Rosenberger, a member of the OSU Trombone Quartet which won TCU’s Fort Worth Trombone Summit quartet competition several years ago, and was the winner of the American Trombone Festival’s solo competition is Washington D.C. her junior year, brings something different to this year’s event. Ms. Rosenberger began practicing yoga concurrently with her undergraduate studies and has since become a certified yoga teacher, teaching in Chicago.
The newly formed “Trombone Choir of North Texas”, established and conducted by Christian Paarup, and made up of some of our stellar high school trombonists will perform at 1:00pm, and we’ll conclude the day with a reading of trombone choir literature by all interested participants.
And, finally, I’m very happy to have Houghton Horns on hand with a variety of professional instruments and trombone accessories on display for you to try out.
As always, this event is free, and open to all age groups. All events are in Irons Hall in the music building on the UTA campus. Registration begins at 9:00am Saturday in the lobby.
I am happy to offer this event to the Texas trombone community and hope to see you and your students there! Please contact me at [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url] if you have additional questions.

See you Saturday,
Dennis

UTA Trombone Day
Schedule of Events
9:00am Registration opens, lobby of the UTA Music Building
9:30am Master class with John Romero, Principal Trombone, Fort Worth Symphony Orchestra
11:00am Yoga for Trombonists with Amelia Rosenberger
12:00pm-1:00pm Break
1:00pm Trombone Choir of North Texas with Christian Paarup, conductor
2:00pm Master class with Barry Hearn, Principal Trombone, Dallas Symphony Orchestra
3:30pm Mass Trombone Choir on stage, Irons Recital Hall. Bring your instruments!
All times are approximate and subject to change
Trombone Day is open to all, free of charge
For more information, contact Dennis Bubert at [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url]

ttf_gregs70

UTA Trombone Day

Post by ttf_gregs70 »

Wished I still lived in Fort Worth!
ttf_gregs70

UTA Trombone Day

Post by ttf_gregs70 »

Wished I still lived in Fort Worth!

Return to “Notices from TTF Members”