Sam Burtis w/Dave Liebman big band-Notheast tour. 2 days off Burlington/Potsdam

ttf_sabutin

Post by ttf_sabutin »

Hello all...

The marvelous Dave Liebman and his equally marvelous NYC big band are doing a teaching/performing tour of the Northeast starting Sept. 11th, honoring the life and music of John Coltrane. There are going to be a number of masterclasses, clinics etc. Great NYC players with some real information to impart. Show up if you want some.

Here is the itinerary. (Times for the various events might be a little up in the air, but each school should know times and rooms more accurately):

Mon., Sept 11-University of New Hampshire – Nathan Jorgensen 603.862.5356 30 Academic Way – PCAC M129
Durham, NH 03824-Various clinics and workshops starting at noon, concert at 8PM.

Tues., Sept 12-St. Michaels College – Brian McCarthy host 1 Winooski Park Colchester, VT 05439-Sound check/clinic 2:30 PM, Concert 7:30 PM

Fri., Sept. 15-SUNY – Potsdam Bret Zvacek host cell 315.323.5522
The Crane School of Music 44 Pierrepont Ave. Potsdam, NY 13676-Master classes, open rehearsal from 3PM, concert 7:30

Sat., Sept 16-Lake George Jazz Festival, Shepard Park Beach, Canada Street, Lake George, NY 12845-Concert 7:30PM

Sun., Sept 17-SUNY – Orange - Chris Parker host 845.856.0635, 115 South Street Middletown, NY 10940, Venue: Paramount Theater 17 South Street, Middletown, NY 1094. 3PM-concert

I am staying in the north Wed. and Thurs., Sept. 14 + 15 rather than driving back all the way to NYC and then up to Potsdam 2 days later. I will either stay 2 days in Colchester, VT, 2 days in Potsdam NY or 1 day in each. Anyone who wants a lesson or wants to set up some sort of group lesson on those two days please...since the PM thing is not working really well on this site...email me at <[url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url]>.

I hope to see some of you. This is really an extraordinary opportunity to hear and learn from this level of NYC jazz players in a large ensemble outside of NYC.

Later...

S.

ttf_bassboneman

Post by ttf_bassboneman »

Sam!
I hope you enjoy Potsdam! Its a great location, despite being almost in Canada.
Dr. Mark Hartman is also at Crane. He's a great guy and a terrific trombonist...hopefully you'll meet.

Enjoy your time in the north country!

Sam
ttf_bassboneman

Post by ttf_bassboneman »

Sam!
I hope you enjoy Potsdam! Its a great location, despite being almost in Canada.
Dr. Mark Hartman is also at Crane. He's a great guy and a terrific trombonist...hopefully you'll meet.

Enjoy your time in the north country!

Sam

Return to “Notices from TTF Members”