is there a buy and sell page/board

Have an idea for improving the forum? Share it here.
halolavapigz

is there a buy and sell page/board

Post by halolavapigz »

I was told trombone chat has a buy and sell page, if there isn't where can I find a good place to buy used bones?
mrpillow

Re: is there a buy and sell page/board

Post by mrpillow »

The classifieds can be found at the bottom of the forum list, or by following this link -

https://trombonechat.com/viewforum.php?f=21
Organologique et plus!
Tbrits12

Post by Tbrits12 »

I found a fe olds trumbone in my attic it has number m951 on it can someone tell me its worth by that number
Matt K
Verified

Post by Matt K »

Tbrits12 wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:52 am I found a fe olds trumbone in my attic it has number m951 on it can someone tell me its worth by that number
Nothing that I recognize. Its probably a serial #. Any words written on it anywhere?
doctortrombone

Post by doctortrombone »

Tbrits12 wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:52 am I found a fe olds trumbone in my attic it has number m951 on it can someone tell me its worth by that number
M is probably referring to medium bore.

951, if that's the only number, would put it in the early 1900s, and almost all of the Olds horns from that era were the "Standard' model with tuning in slide. They're nice horns, but for some reason, there are still a lot of them around.

Does it look something like this?

It would help if you could post a picture. Value depends on condition and options. They have little antique value. A deluxe model with gold plate and a bear counterweight is worth around $400 or so. No counterweight drives it down to the $200 or less range if the condition is good. If it needs work and isn't playable, $75 to $150 is about right.

Return to “Comments & Suggestions”