I need help from a forum moderator

Have an idea for improving the forum? Share it here.
PosauneCat

I need help from a forum moderator

Post by PosauneCat »

I have been trying for days to unsubscribe from the obnoxious "Locking Threads that Haven't Devolved Into Chaos" thread. I still continue to get notifications. Can one of you please look into it? “Unsubscribe” isn’t working.

BTW, that post and the one that spawned it, “Pronouns,” contains some incredibly offensive and childish stuff, and one of the last posts in “Locking Threads” contained some pretty serious threats toward a member. NOT COOL!

You might want to rethink the “Tangents” section. This forum is about trombone related issues and should confine itself to that. Whenever people are allowed free-rein on an Internet forum it inevitably turns into a shooting gallery.

Mike
BGuttman

Re: I need help from a forum moderator

Post by BGuttman »

I'm not savvy enough in the software to help you about the subscription. Maybe Matt K can.

As to that post you mention, we are working on what to do. Apparently the poster is known to somebody else on the Chat who may talk to him.
Bruce Guttman
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orchestra
"Almost Professional"
harrisonreed

Post by harrisonreed »

When the checkbox is checked "subscribe to topic", you're unsubscribed.
PosauneCat

Post by PosauneCat »

BGuttman wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:26 am I'm not savvy enough in the software to help you about the subscription. Maybe Matt K can.

As to that post you mention, we are working on what to do. Apparently the poster is known to somebody else on the Chat who may talk to him.
Thank you, Bruce, much appreciated.

Mike
PosauneCat

Post by PosauneCat »

harrisonreed wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:28 am When the checkbox is checked "subscribe to topic", you're unsubscribed.
Yeah, I figured out that weird contradiction, but it doesn’t work for me either way.
robcat2075

Post by robcat2075 »

If by "notifications" you mean the emailed notifications, you can turn those off generally on your User Control Panel.

If you are a frequent reader of the forum you probably don't need to be emailed at all to know something has been said here.
>>Robert Holmén<<

Hear me as I play my horn

See my Spacepod movie
PosauneCat

Post by PosauneCat »

robcat2075 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:06 pm If by "notifications" you mean the emailed notifications, you can turn those off generally on your User Control Panel.

If you are a frequent reader of the forum you probably don't need to be emailed at all to know something has been said here.
I’m not on all that frequently. I enjoy my life. :wink:
So, I like the notifications on things that I find interesting.

PS I am not implying that frequent visitors don’t enjoy their lives. I just wanted to make that clear so I don’t get flamed now and have to deal with notifications on this threat for eternity.
Matt K
Verified

Post by Matt K »

Unfortunately not possible. There was talk awhile ago about making visibility of the tangent section opt-in but it would require moving all users into a new group and then having the section be marked as private. But that itself opens a can of worms too.
harrisonreed

Post by harrisonreed »

I know this is ancient, but was any progress made on being able to unsubscribe from certain sub-forums?

There is one particular thing I would like to tune out on the "new posts" page.
Matt K
Verified

Post by Matt K »

Do you mean have posts not show up in “unread” or not receive notifications?

Return to “Comments & Suggestions”