Post Needs Approval From Moderator

Have an idea for improving the forum? Share it here.
Wilktone

Post Needs Approval From Moderator

Post by Wilktone »

Not sure what I did wrong, but I recently went to post something and got the notice that my post had been successfully submitted but would need to be approved by a moderator first. My guess is that there's a bug in the system, but perhaps I'm being flagged for my ill behavior. If it's the former, FYI. If the later, :P
--
David Wilken
https://wilktone.com
harrisonreed

Re: Post Needs Approval From Moderator

Post by harrisonreed »

I get that when I go to edit a post too many times. I have a bad habit of not proof reading before I hit send. Maybe it's that?
Elow

Post by Elow »

I had this happen after i got a warning from an admin, i just assumed i was not a perfect angel
Wilktone

Post by Wilktone »

harrisonreed wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:42 am I get that when I go to edit a post too many times. I have a bad habit of not proof reading before I hit send. Maybe it's that?
Edit a post? Me? I'm perfect every tim rite frum the begining.
Elow wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:52 am I had this happen after i got a warning from an admin, i just assumed i was not a perfect angel
Well, the post I was trying to publish was far from angelic, but I don't see how it (or the previous one I made in the topic) would be flagged, nor did I get (yet) a warning from a moderator about my behavior. Since I was able to start this topic without any problems I assumed there was a bug in the system.

Then again, it's entirely possible that I'm not entirely welcome. :twisted:
--
David Wilken
BGuttman

Post by BGuttman »

You are always welcome, Dave. You posted it twice, so I only approved one.

We seem to get this from time to time. I've had to approve posts from other members with lots of posts. I wonder if your system logged you out without telling you. Since I use a different skin from the default, I know if I'm logged out because suddenly the appearance of the Forum changes.
Bruce Guttman
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orchestra
"Almost Professional"
ithinknot

Post by ithinknot »

It might be an IP address thing, either originating with you or via your ISP. It happened to me recently when I had turned off the VPN I usually use. Cookies kept me logged in, but to the server it probably looked like I had suddenly moved a few thousand miles. :r2d2:
Wilktone

Post by Wilktone »

BGuttman wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:59 am You posted it twice, so I only approved one.
Yes, I did go back and try to post it again, thinking a glitch in the matrix might have corrected itself. Sorry for the spam.
BGuttman wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:59 am You are always welcome, Dave.
You say that now...
--
David Wilken
BGuttman

Post by BGuttman »

Wilktone wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:00 am
BGuttman wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:59 am You posted it twice, so I only approved one.
Yes, I did go back and try to post it again, thinking a glitch in the matrix might have corrected itself. Sorry for the spam.
BGuttman wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:59 am You are always welcome, Dave.
You say that now...
Any student of Doug's (and by extension Reinhart) is welcome.
Bruce Guttman
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orchestra
"Almost Professional"

Return to “Comments & Suggestions”