No ability to PM or see pics in classifieds

Have an idea for improving the forum? Share it here.
JKno

No ability to PM or see pics in classifieds

Post by JKno »

@Matt K,

Hi there, I'm a newer member with 8 posts now and cannot see pics in the classifieds nor can I read or send PMs. I also do not have the magnifying glass for the site search on the user interface, which is only a tertiary concern. I am logged in while looking.
Matt K
Verified

Re: No ability to PM or see pics in classifieds

Post by Matt K »

I’ll take a look when I get in for the night to see if I can figure out what’s up
JKno

Post by JKno »

Matt K wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:44 pm I’ll take a look when I get in for the night to see if I can figure out what’s up
Thanks Matt!
Matt K
Verified

Post by Matt K »

So you're the first person (that I'm aware of at least) that triggered one of the spam filters. I'm guessing you may have made more than 5 posts before having 3 approved. I think that rule might be superfluous now but I also haven't heard of anyone else having that problem. We have a lot of spammers so we have to tighten up the registration a little bit. You didn't use on of my spammy keywords in your first few posts or else you would have been totally bashished to the nonsense side of the side only bots can see.

Let me know if you have any other issues. You might have to log in out again to see the changes. Sorry for the inconvenience!!
JKno

Post by JKno »

Thanks Matt, I have full functionality now! I appreciate all that you do here!
Matt K
Verified

Post by Matt K »

JKno wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:29 pm Thanks Matt, I have full functionality now! I appreciate all that you do here!
:good:
JKno

Post by JKno »

I logged in about 9:00am and was shown the door... lol. I got caught up in the IP ban-hammer. I can give you my IP, if you tell me where to look.
Matt K
Verified

Post by Matt K »

JKno wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:45 pm I logged in about 9:00am and was shown the door... lol. I got caught up in the IP ban-hammer. I can give you my IP, if you tell me where to look.
Are you still having the issue?
JKno

Post by JKno »

No sir, all is well now.
Matt K
Verified

Post by Matt K »

JKno wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:14 pm No sir, all is well now.
:good:
whyking

Post by whyking »

I'm having this same issue. I'm a new user, and my primary reason for joining is so that I can buy and sell trombones. As I understand this is an anti-spam feature for newer members? Being unable to see the photos of the horns I'm looking at makes it decidedly tricky to go shopping 😄
Matt K
Verified

Post by Matt K »

whyking wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:01 am I'm having this same issue. I'm a new user, and my primary reason for joining is so that I can buy and sell trombones. As I understand this is an anti-spam feature for newer members? Being unable to see the photos of the horns I'm looking at makes it decidedly tricky to go shopping 😄
Correct. You’ll need to post two more times and have an admin approve those posts and then you’ll get full access to the site
TexHipp

Three approved posts, can't view attachments, can't search, can't contact admin

Post by TexHipp »

I'm hesitant to devote a whole post to this issue, but I do not see any obvious solution. I have submitted three comments, and all three have been approved, as seen at the following (links go directly to my post)

Hand angle at slide
How slidey is your slide?
Playing after shaving

Despite that, I am not able to view attached files (example unviewable attachment) with the standard error message "You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post."

Furthermore, there is no search box available to me. Finally, I cannot directly contact an admin. I've tried clicking MattK's username (no luck) and this link to the "team page" gives me "You are not authorised to view the member list or profiles."

I've cleared my web browser's cache for this site, but I am not having success

Any more suggestions for actions to try? I'd very much like to see everyone's pictures and to be able to search.
BGuttman

Post by BGuttman »

@TexHipp: I merged your topic with another similar one.

You need 3 approved posts to see attached files and to PM. If you look at the info box, you now have 3 approved messages and should be OK. I have no idea what is going on with the other posts. If you used another account they won't count for this one.
Bruce Guttman
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orchestra
"Almost Professional"
TexHipp

Post by TexHipp »

Yup, something you did triggered a change and now I can search and see the attachments. Thanks.
el2002

Post by el2002 »

Do replies count as posts?
Matt K
Verified

Post by Matt K »

Yep!

Return to “Comments & Suggestions”