FS: Leather pencil holders

ttf_crazytrombonist505

Post by ttf_crazytrombonist505 »

Hello fellow trombonists,
After numerous instances of forgetting to bring a pencil with me to a rehearsal, I started experimenting with making a leather pencil holder which would attach to my horn, so that I would always have a pencil with me when playing. After a few experimental designs, I finally settled on one. It's basically a piece of leather (3”- 3”) with a small leather stripped attached to it which the pencil slides into. The 3”-3” piece is attached to the F attachment pipe of the horn by two pieces of velcro. The velcro makes it adjustable to different widths of F attachment pipe, which makes this holder usable with many different types of horns. I have only been able to try the holders on three horns so far due to my limited means. The holders work on my Yamaha Xeno tenor, Benge 290, and my friend's Blessing B-88 tenor. You should be able to keep the holder on one your horn is in its case, even though I have to put the holders in a certain places on to get it to work with my Benge 290 and Xeno in order for them to fit in their cases. My friend's B-88 has a Pro-tec soft case so it works fine.

I've found these holders to be invaluable; so I'm considering offering them for sale to you guys. As stated above, these holders are made to be a universal fit, so if you have a tenor with F attachment or a double valve bass, the holders should fit. I've made several of the holders shown in the pics, but if you don't think they'll fit your horn, I can probably make a holder to custom fit. Hopefully I will be working on a design for a holder for a straight tenor/alto sometime in the future. As you can see in the pics, there are two color options; black and light brown. The pencils shown in the pics are not included.

Pics: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qz3jkippehkes7c/AAD66z3nXPFOc7sU3lfmAG1ga?dl=0

I'm asking $15 for each holder including shipping in the CONUS. Shipping to Canada will be $5 extra. If you are in a different country, there will be an extra shipping fee depending on location. If you would like more than one holder, let me know and we can work out a discounted price. Again, if you would like a holder with different dimensions if you think my standard one won't fit, let me know. PayPal only please. PM me with inquiries/questions/comments. Thanks!

ttf_crazytrombonist505

Still have several holders available   Image

My teacher tried a holder on his Edwards tenor with a Thayer valve and it’s a bit too small so I’m working on making a bigger one for horns with Thayers.

Feel free to ask any questions.
ttf_crazytrombonist505

I only have two black and seven brown holders left currently. Again, if you want several, I’ll give you a price discount.

Thanks

Return to “Classified Advertisements”