WTB/WTT: LS mouthpieces with Remington shank.

ttf_anonymous

Post by ttf_anonymous »

As the title says, must have Remington/conn shanks (for old 88H)

Any Bach pieces in 4G, 5G or 6.5 sizes.

A long shot..... A Greg Black 5GM with conn shank..

An even longer shot..... A Greg Black underpart with conn shank threaded for Doug Elliott XT rims!

Yes I have Doug's setup with the conn shank and yes it's awesome! I'm missing the GB'at the moment!

Cheers all.
ttf_deepbone

Post by ttf_deepbone »

So why is the original Remington so bad and unusable that would make you want to shell out hundreds on those boutique pieces. Maybe a second look at a Remington ??  If so, I have two brand new ones in their original boxes priced reasonably. Roger   [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url]
ttf_BostonChops

Post by ttf_BostonChops »

I'm not selling mine, but I can highly recommend the Bob Reeves sleeve system for trombone. It costs around 50 for them to cut and replate the shank, then additional sleeves are 35 USD. The difference it made to my 8h and 88h was huge, and they can do any mouthpiece you like.
ttf_anonymous

Post by ttf_anonymous »

I saw the Bob Reeves sleeve system for the first time recently when a forum member had one for sale, looks like an ingenious design indeed. It's always good to have another option for the old Elkhart's.

The Doug Elliott (XT102) is working very well at the moment, having the correct tapered shank makes a huge difference in response! The old Remington pieces are just a bit too small.

As the old Remington taper is in somewhat of a minority these days I thought there might be some old pieces loafing about in drawers unused. Or perhaps the odd experimental piece that could use a new home.

ttf_Rockymountaintrombone

Post by ttf_Rockymountaintrombone »

Older Schilke mouthpieces also have a longer shank that works well in Elkhart Conns. A Schilke 51 from before they re-designed the mouthpieces with a Bach taper might be right around what you're looking for.

Also, a +1 for the Brassark Reeves sleeve system. I'm not playing my old Conns that much anymore, but I had Noah do sleeves for a spare tenor mouthpiece and for my bass mouthpiece (I have a Conn bass for the very infrequent doubling gig that comes my way). I love the way that my Conns respond with the proper taper for the shank, and the same mouthpiece works well in different horns with the more standard Bach taper. Good solution.

Jim Scott

Return to “Classified Advertisements”