Three Pieces for Tenor and Bass Trombones

SteveM

Three Pieces for Tenor and Bass Trombones

Post by SteveM »

In 1976, when I was in college, studying music composition, I wrote a piece called Three Pieces for Tenor and Bass Trombones. This was performed in a few student recitals. A close friend played bass trombone for these performances. The following year, he transferred to New England Conservatory. He showed the piece to his teacher, Thomas Everett, who had him play it in a student recital there. I think it was played a few more times at NEC by different people. Later Thomas Everett listed this piece in the Duets section of his Annotated Guide to Bass Trombone Literature.

Previously this piece has only been available in manuscript copies. Recently, after over 45 years, I entered it into computer notation. I am attaching the PDF here, in case anybody is interested in seeing or playing it.
Three Pieces for Tenor and Bass Trombones.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by SteveM on Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
calcbone

Re: Three Pieces for Tenor and Bass Trombones

Post by calcbone »

It looks neat! I’ll have to try it out!
=Tommy=
Trombone, stats, & precalculus

Bach 8 NY
King 3B Silversonic
Bach 36 MV
Shires dual bore/Thayer/1G
Bach 50A3/Edwards slide
SteveM

Re: Three Pieces for Tenor and Bass Trombones

Post by SteveM »

I'm adding an updated version with a few corrections - I noticed that MuseScore had changed a few notes to their enharmonic equivalents. My apologies to those who have already downloaded this file.
Three Pieces for Tenor and Bass Trombones.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by SteveM on Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Composition, Arrangement, & Theory”