Looking for the bordogni.info audio tracks

charlieterle

Looking for the bordogni.info audio tracks

Post by charlieterle »

There used to be a website with the URL "bordogni.info", and it had a dozen or so audio home-made accompaniment tracks for some of the more popular Bordogni etudes. They were somewhat cheesy and mostly metronomic but I did enjoy playing with them from time to time, so I was disappointed when I noticed that the website is no more. So, I'm wondering if anybody here either has them downloaded or knows the name/contact info of the person who created them, as I'm hoping to get a hold of the audio files to play along with. If you have any leads, please let me know, thanks!
CalgaryTbone

Re: Looking for the bordogni.info audio tracks

Post by CalgaryTbone »

There are recorded Bordogni accompaniments for sale in books w/cd - edited by David Schwartz. Check Hickeys and the other trombone friendly music stores. Not as satisfying as playing with a live accompanist, but they do give you a chance to hear the piano parts and check in on intonation in a period of time where playing with others is a rare event.

Jim Scott
robcat2075

Post by robcat2075 »

First, I'll note that many orphaned websites can be resurrected via the Wayback Machine at Archive.org. Always give the Wayback Machine a try.

Your wished-for site seems to have been archived and the archived pages seem to have functional audio files.

I only tried one, no guarantees that their archive is complete!

https://web.archive.org/web/20140601000 ... dogni.info

Second, one of my back-burnered projects is to transcribe all the best-loved Bordognis to MuseScore format for use as play-alongs.

That is a much more flexible, transposable, and editable result than an audio recording. I posted an example in this thread

However, I lack a several entries, If anyone reading this thread should know of actual PD source material for the vocalises w/accompaniment with the following incipits I woud be delighted to hear of it...
MissingBordogni001.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
>>Robert Holmén<<

Hear me as I play my horn

See my Spacepod movie
robcat2075

Post by robcat2075 »

Third, I'll add that a trumpet teacher named Jay Lichtman used to have a site with several Bordognum in MIDI format.

The Wayback Machine preserves that also...

https://web.archive.org/web/20140601000 ... tmidi.html

He has a few vocalises that I am missing! They do play, but the MIDI format is so poor at preserving standard notation that I am not tempted to steal them for my project.
>>Robert Holmén<<

Hear me as I play my horn

See my Spacepod movie

Return to “Composition, Arrangement, & Theory”