Trombone Christmas Kansas City 2018

Vegastokc

Trombone Christmas Kansas City 2018

Post by Vegastokc »

This past Saturday 12/15: 224 MO and KS players plus one gent from Colorado Springs in historic Union Station. Below shot is in the Grand Plaza hall. Dr Frank Perez conducting.
Top is group - that's me in the back right in the Santa hat :lol:
Simultaneously fun and a little painful - the echo in the big hall is a killer on timing. ;)
IMG_61661.jpg
IMG_61661.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Michael Saffier
I ate twice as much lasagna as I should have...
Nhtrombone

Re: Trombone Christmas Kansas City 2018

Post by Nhtrombone »

Audio? Video?
BGuttman

Post by BGuttman »

Was this a Jingle Bones or did you use the more generic name?
Bruce Guttman
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orchestra
"Almost Professional"
JohnL

Post by JohnL »

BGuttman wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:52 pm Was this a Jingle Bones or did you use the more generic name?
I think this was a Trombone Christmas event; at least it's listed on the Trombone Christmas website. We had over 200 at Anaheim this year.

Much like that tuba event (the name is trademarked, so I won't use it), there is a set of Trombone Christmas books. Unlike the tuba event, which is four-part (sometimes three) arrangements mostly in a traditional style, Trombone Christmas is six-part arrangements in more jazz- and occasionally pop-influenced styles.

I've been in that hall in Kansas City Union Station; that is a seriously live space - and large. I remember thinking how tough it would be as a performance venue.
Vegastokc

Post by Vegastokc »

JohnL is correct.
This is a spin off of original event started in CA. Now up to 7 cities.
I believe Dr Perez was a member of Bones West and part of original Tbone Xmas events. This was 2nd year in KC. I did not play last year as I just starting playing again this past May. This was the first mass bone ensemble i have played in since 76+4 Trombones in Vegas in early 90's. :D .
It was a very live venue acoustically. I could barely hear myself or my stand mate. I mostly heard the guy behind me on my left playing 1st part and the guy behind me on my right honking away on Bass. Lets just say that most of the written dynamics may have been avoided by the whole group. :biggrin:
I will try to get a video or two up later this evening. I think my wife recorded some on her phone. Thanks
Michael Saffier
I ate twice as much lasagna as I should have...

Return to “Performance”