Bass trombone and guitar

Savio

Bass trombone and guitar

Post by Savio »

I wonder what you all think about this? I met a guitar player and he made me play this two songs for his fathers birthday. It is his arrangements and some high notes for my limited high range. We plan to do some more, and I look forward to play more with him. We made this early one morning because of limit of time. The mic is an old Shure 58.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnFhNyFesmcYhNxJZMBM1pXW9fVTqw

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnFhNyFesmcYhNxITS3hi9aZmH1tkQ
Kingfan

Re: Bass trombone and guitar

Post by Kingfan »

I like them.
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are still missing! :D
Greg Songer
King 606, King 3B-F: DE LT101/LTD/D3
King 4B-F: Bach 5G Megatone gold plated
King 2107 bass: DE MB109/MB J/J8 King
blast

Post by blast »

Very nice indeed.We talk....you play....perhaps we should all be swapping tracks.... well done.

Chris
StefanHaller

Post by StefanHaller »

Hey Leif, it's good to see you here! I'm surprised that there isn't a loud cheering welcome from the old TTF crowd seeing your first post here, so you'll have to be content with mine, even though you probably don't know me. But I read and enjoyed many of your posts on TTF.

I like these recordings, very nice playing. Your style of playing fits this music very well; I especially like the subtle vibrato, often only coming in at the end of notes. Very tasteful.

Only thing I would suggest to try next time is a little more variety of dynamics, maybe. I don't think you have to be afraid of overpowering the guitar!
afugate

Post by afugate »

Thanks for sharing, Savio! What a nice way to start the morning! I enjoyed these.

--Andy in OKC
nbulgarino

Post by nbulgarino »

Dude those are pretty cool. A friend of mine did a recital where he did tenor and guitar; I like the bass better though. It seems to match the tone color of the guitar better. Post more when y’all compose more.
Nick Bulgarino
https://nickbulgarino.com/
Peabody Conservatory, MM 2020
Eastman School of Music, BM 2018
DeMatha Catholic High School, 2014
Savio

Post by Savio »

blast wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 1:18 pm Very nice indeed.We talk....you play....perhaps we should all be swapping tracks.... well done.

Chris
Chris! Nice to hear from you! According to my wife I need to upgrade both playing and talking :biggrin:
Chris, I found a Benge 1 1/2g in a school bands garage, not bad? I clean it up with brass polish and took some few notes. Do you have any experience with that one? Good sound but a little dull.

Leif
blast

Post by blast »

Savio wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:23 am
blast wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 1:18 pm Very nice indeed.We talk....you play....perhaps we should all be swapping tracks.... well done.

Chris
Chris! Nice to hear from you! According to my wife I need to upgrade both playing and talking :biggrin:
Chris, I found a Benge 1 1/2g in a school bands garage, not bad? I clean it up with brass polish and took some few notes. Do you have any experience with that one? Good sound but a little dull.

Leif

Wives may not have the most sympathetic view :shuffle: :shuffle:
The Benge is often a little larger than a Bach. They can be good.

Chris
hyperbolica

Post by hyperbolica »

One of my most memorable musical experiences as a listener was watching an acoustic guitar player and a guy on tenor bone at a brass show in NYC in the late 1980s. They were just playing standards in a hallway, but I thought it was magical. It showed how lyrical the trombone actually is. One of the best instrument pairings, I think. A bass bone should work at least as well.

Something wrong with the links, can't access the tracks.
StefanHaller

Post by StefanHaller »

Here's another nice trombone+guitar duo (not a bass trombone though):

timothy42b

Post by timothy42b »

I like that.

IMO. Trombone and guitar, nice. Trombone and piano, boring at first, then later irritating. Trombone and organ though, can be very nice. Could just be my ears.
Posaunus

Post by Posaunus »

Leif,

Welcome to TromboneChat.

Unfortunately, I could not open the 1drv (OneDrive?) files

Keep posting!

Return to “Performance”