Celebrate the Trombone with the Allreds

DAx

Celebrate the Trombone with the Allreds

Post by DAx »

I'm virtually attending the ITF this week. Seeing all those great performers has been a fantastic experience. Just prior to performing a solid jazz set on Wednesday, Tony Baker from UNT said - (paraphrased), "it's all about celebrating the trombone ". So in that spirit I share this: Two generations of trombonists, in the spirit of the ITF, it makes me smile.

ithinknot

Re: Celebrate the Trombone with the Allreds

Post by ithinknot »

Only 50% Allred representation here, but delightful:

NBischoff

Post by NBischoff »

I had the opportunity to play a concert featuring both Bill and John Allred with the Valencia College Jazz Lab Band in Orlando back in 2013. It was an incredible experience and they are the nicest guys.
Reedman1

Post by Reedman1 »

DAx wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:03 am I'm virtually attending the ITF this week. Seeing all those great performers has been a fantastic experience. Just prior to performing a solid jazz set on Wednesday, Tony Baker from UNT said - (paraphrased), "it's all about celebrating the trombone ". So in that spirit I share this: Two generations of trombonists, in the spirit of the ITF, it makes me smile.

I think I was at that performance. They were later joined by several more excellent trombonists. It was just fantastic!

Return to “Performance”