"One Piece" Soundtrack

harrisonreed

"One Piece" Soundtrack

Post by harrisonreed »

So there is a TV show in Japan called "One Piece", which is based on one of the most valuable works of fiction in all of human history (something like $45 billion dollars of sales, and 490 million copies sold of just one volume, out of about 100 volumes total). The sound track was recorded by a live orchestra, and it's absolutely fantastic. Check out this video, starting at 2:16, and also check out 27:53 for some trombones:

How about this one? Check out 25:14 for more trombones:

There is a TON of music in this show, and a LOT more sound tracks, all with real musician and instruments, and the trombones are absolutely ripping the entire time. The bass trombone in particular is just blasting the entire time they have a line, and it sounds great.

Anyways, this show is among the most watched pieces of media in all of history, and I just wanted to point out that it is worth a watch, especially if you have kids, for free on Crunchyroll. The characters are great, you hate every bad guy, the music is great, the moments where you get the feels are great:
9b9ba4be9e5a37ac459c991ccb560757e7e2b9c39b8b2fbb02b3fda1af3a9f89.0.gif
The jokes are hilarious:
1633048507352.gif
And I want to know how they rip so hard on them trombones!

Anyone done any work in a film score or soundtrack like this where you are required to just overblow every note but make it sound good? What instrument and mouthpiece would you choose, especially for those bass parts?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
harrisonreed

Re: "One Piece" Soundtrack

Post by harrisonreed »

Dang. Guess I'm the only fan in these parts...

My avatar is the dude with the tan bandana in the gif with everybody raising their arms. Usopp.

DSC_0758.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
robcat2075

Post by robcat2075 »

Check out this video, starting at 2:16, and also check out 27:53 for some trombones:
Are you sure those are the right times? i didn't hear much trombone.
>>Robert Holmén<<

Hear me as I play my horn

See my Spacepod movie
harrisonreed

Post by harrisonreed »

I must've gotten them wrong. I'll go back and do a deep dive again. There are some absolutely ripping bass lines
BGuttman

Post by BGuttman »

harrisonreed wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:55 am I must've gotten them wrong. I'll go back and do a deep dive again. There are some absolutely ripping bass lines
There was a pretty good one after the time stamp on the second soundtrack.

Were these live or synth?
Bruce Guttman
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orchestra
"Almost Professional"
harrisonreed

Post by harrisonreed »

BGuttman wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:45 am
harrisonreed wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:55 am I must've gotten them wrong. I'll go back and do a deep dive again. There are some absolutely ripping bass lines
There was a pretty good one after the time stamp on the second soundtrack.

Were these live or synth?
Live! The horns rock the entire soundtrack. There are some songs with obvious syne synths, but the horns and orchestra are real. 1996-7 was when they recorded. Pretty sure it was Fuji tv studio musicians and their orchestra

Return to “Performance”